ROGER OR DAVID?

BigStewMan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK we'll keep it about Rog and Dave.......Think about this..They are making TWICE as much money split up than they would together......Your buying twice the material, and will go to both shows........Gee, I'd be mad at each other too, all the way to the Bank..........

They are making twice as much money? ...Or YOU are spending twice as much money?

Personally I am more interested in seeing what the forthcoming Neil Young Live at the Fillmore DVD will include...

Say what you want but it is HIS band! He wrote the music and the lyrics, and he also assembled the band to his liking.

I have not seen the current tour, but I would not say he hogged the video on the In The Flesh dvd. Not sure where Me Loves Khorns came up witt the arrogant assumption from that video, but I would be curious to know.

Mike

Truth is....anyone so arrogant as Roger is never really liked as much as their equal in the end...period.

Roger is a phenominal muscian, just full of ego.

It's like the person who recieves the award for a company! The good ones always thank those around them...not themselves!

I saw James Taylor in concert (well many times) and he is always so gracious to his supporting cast making fun of "why they would play with me" and such. He is just "likable".

Some people loose that prospective.

Roger or David, David or Roger, I don't know.......Why do you have to choose.....Does it matter that much.........How about they are both good....How about they both suck......How about it being Pink Floyd Music.???????

nostaglia. competition. both. for me, these discussions keep the old days alive. ask me anything about post 1979 music and chances are i won't know the answer. probably missing out on some decent sounds; but, my era still sounds real sweet in reruns!

As to why I thought Roger was almost arrogant? I guess he looked

stiff, like he was not having much fun. I know it's a job for

him, but David in the video looked like he was having a lot of fun,

smiling, etc. Roger sounded good too, but he just looked kinda

(bored, stiff, angry?). I don't know how to describe it other

than that. Enjoyed the music of Roger. Enjoyed the music

and watching David and crew on the video.

But, this is just my opinion...

Paul

As to why I thought Roger was almost arrogant? I guess he looked stiff, like he was not having much fun. I know it's a job for him, but David in the video looked like he was having a lot of fun, smiling, etc. Roger sounded good too, but he just looked kinda (bored, stiff, angry?). I don't know how to describe it other than that. Enjoyed the music of Roger. Enjoyed the music and watching David and crew on the video.

But, this is just my opinion...

Paul

i enjoy listening to roger more than david; but, it would not surprise me at all if he is an unhappy person. if i write too much this thread will get hijacked to a political or philisophical one, so i'll leave it as saying that if he means everything that he says, he's living a life of contradictions--that would make anyone an angry person. but, i enjoy his music. in his defense, at the hollywood bowl show last week, he shared the big screen.

I will have to make a consession on an earlier statement I made. I have listened to The Pros & Cons of Hitchhicking several time now and find that I am liking it more and more.

Roger cannot be too (at least in 1985) full of himself if he "let" Eric Clapton play on the album. Track #5 WOW!

I think Roger, for me, takes a bit to "settle" into while David has an immediate love of the music.