Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest

m00n

Just got back from seeing it. Loaved it. It was a lot darker than the first, there seemed to be the same amount of comedy and adventure, but, there also seemed to be a bit more real drama. Oh and yes, the movie is definitly left wide open for the 3rd movie.

**** WARNING SPOILER QUESTIONS BELOW ****

So, I'm not sure whats going on with Elizibith. Is she falling for Jack? I know she shackeled him to the Black Pearl, but she must be one of two things, falling for Jack or she feels major guilt because she sent him to his doom.

No, I don't think so, I think she felt bad about what she did to Jack, plus she had just proved him right about their previous conversation. The cool thing was that he also proved her right at the same time.

There was the whole compass pointing thing, but I think that was Elizabeth wanting to live the life of a pirate (she has been facinated by that since she was a little girl). For Jack, well, maybe the compass was pointing at her, and not the spot where she was sitting??

No, I don't think so, I think she felt bad about what she did to Jack, plus she had just proved him right about their previous conversation. The cool thing was that he also proved her right at the same time.

There was the whole compass pointing thing, but I think that was Elizabeth wanting to live the life of a pirate (she has been facinated by that since she was a little girl). For Jack, well, maybe the compass was pointing at her, and not the spot where she was sitting??

Jack being right about what? Elizabeth being a pirate? I wonder if Will realized that she kissed jack only to get him shackled to the ship. The two of them were very distant after that seen.

I need to go back and see the movie again. there was a lot of dialog between jack and Elizabeth that I didn't quit catch.

Didn't quite catch the dialog? Don't tell me you were too busy chatting on your cell phone.

I don't remember the exact exchange but basically, Jack said the Elizabeth was just like him, and Elizabeth said that deep down, Jack was really a good person. In the end, they proved each other right.

As far as the kissing, I'm positive that Will didn't realize that she kissed Jack just to get him shackled to the ship (if that is indeed all there was to it), Will probably thought that Jack had volunteered to stay behind.

Didn't quite catch the dialog? Don't tell me you were too busy chatting on your cell phone.

I don't remember the exact exchange but basically, Jack said the Elizabeth was just like him, and Elizabeth said that deep down, Jack was really a good person. In the end, they proved each other right.

As far as the kissing, I'm positive that Will didn't realize that she kissed Jack just to get him shackled to the ship (if that is indeed all there was to it), Will probably thought that Jack had volunteered to stay behind.

No I was not on the cell phone. Yes, I recall that conversation. None the less, there was also a lot of dialog on the peir before they boarded the ship, I guess I got a little confuesed as to some of the messages behind what they were saying. But I do recall her saying that she thought that he was a good man and that she was a bit of a pirate herself.

I loved it! The time passed quickly and I could have watched even more. It had everything in it, comedy, action & suspense, a twinge of horror and a dash of romance. It was like being literally on a thrill ride. I had a number of good laughs as well, I was very entertained to say the least. We caught the matinee for $6, and this is not one to take the little kiddies to. There was a couple that brought young kids and the opening scenes were a little gory.

Totally enjoyable and I could watch it again easily. I can't wait for the DVD, the bass did not have the impact my HT does when they summon the Kracken I wanted to feel the shockwaves go through me. The theater sound did have great separation and surround effects though.

If you want to better understand the ending of Dead Man's Chest you need to watch the first one, skip through it until ALL the credits roll by, there is a short hidden scene that will somewhat explain how it possibly happened. [;)]

I have been waiting for the Pirates sequel for two years. The critics reviews scared me away. I did not want to be terribly disappointed. After the reviews posted here, I followed my initial inclination and rushed to the theater like a puppy on a leash. I was disappointed. Not terribly disappointed, but disappointed nonetheless.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Like many of the big block buster pictures coming out lately, this one is also crammed with special computer graphic (CG) effects like pigs in a truck: fat and happy and oblivious. I recently saw the critically acclaimed Proof, with Jake Gyllenhaal, Gwyneth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins. I saw the Clint Eastwards excellent Million Dollar Baby again, with Hillary Swank and Morgan Freeman. Coming off those two excellently acted performances, even my long time fave, Johnny Depp, left me feeling cold and wet after this lavish and expensive <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Caribbean cruise.

Enjoyable? Yes. Wonderful. No. This is more of the big theme park Wow! that many summer-time movies strive for and rarely obtain. Even the Poseidon Adventure remake had me more excited. I loved seeing Depp again; his performances are always excellent, but in this one, we see so much of him, and so much of the creepy octopus character.

I love how the movie industry puts out buzz about how wonderful a special effect is. You know that they went over the top when you hear all about it. And sure enough, creepy octo-face is all over the screen. Hardly menacing at all.

Spiderman 2 this is not. My guess is that Depp is barely in the sequel only at the end. They spent on the money on special effects and him this time to ensure a success. Next time, maybe they will return to a leaner, more character driven plot. One trick of fantasy in the first movie has evolved into a stage full of costumed characters. Dead Mens Chest is alike an under water Cats it is all weird costumes and wet.

Is it still worth the $7-10 bucks to see it in the theaters? Perhaps. After all, what else is there? Supermamby Returns?

We need to convice xdetroitx to get them bose out of his system...

Trust that I am more than eager to get the Bose out of my system. Unfortunatly I have shelled all my financial means buying the klipsch products and picked up the Bose for CHEAP on Craigs list. I was looking for a good pair of Rf-7s, and was going to rotate everything back one spot but I have been informed that the money needs to go towards an engagement ring. Which is not an upset at all. I have a beautiful girlfriend which happens to be in medical school. So, actually in the long run it may be an upgrade to K-horns!!!:)

You did not happen to stay in the theater until all the credits stopped rolling did you? The reason that I ask is there is a clue to things that will happen in III at the completion of the credits just as there is in the first one. I did not realize this or else I would have stayed myself.

Inquiring minds want to know.

You did not happen to stay in the theater until all the credits stopped rolling did you? The reason that I ask is there is a clue to things that will happen in III at the completion of the credits just as there is in the first one. I did not realize this or else I would have stayed myself.

Inquiring minds want to know.

All they showed at the end was the Dog sitting on the cannibals' throne with a bone in his mouth.