tubed preamp for RF-7

Macallan

I would like some suggestions for a tubed preamp with HT bypass and a remote for my RF-7 B&K 200.2 combo. I have heard great things about the Peach but no remote and I would like a second set of outputs. The Modwright SWL has everything but i have not heard it. Also Rogue has come out with a new tubed preamp for $1700 that looks promising. I would like to spend around 2-2.5K and want a warm sound. Supratek Chardonnay is another possibility but it requires 2 slots on my audio rack becuase of a large power supply.

Will using a Y connector degrade the stereo image? I have read that it will.

A Y adaptor on the exterior of the preamp is no different the two sets of outputs hard wired on the inside of the preamp. No loss of stereo imaging what so ever.

Craig

Craig, is that also true for a cdp output, ok to use the "Y" connectors ? I am trying to do an a- b test comparison on two seperate amps using the same cdp & Cornwall speakers, only powering up one amp at a time.

Thanks, Cornman

PS. Still waiting in great anticipation for the Merlin II kit...

I am still curious if anyone has heard the Modwright SWL, this preamp gets rave reviews on many sites but I have never heard how it sounds with the RF-7. I am sure that the Peach is a great preamp but I am curious how it stacks up against the Modwright, which gets great press for many different sources. Again I am sure the Peach is good but I feel that whenever the question of preamps is asked it is the only response. Has anyone actually compared the peach to Modwright, Rogue, Conrad Johnson, etc.

I am still curious if anyone has heard the

Modwright SWL, this preamp gets rave reviews on many sites but I have

never heard how it sounds with the RF-7. I am sure that the Peach

is a great preamp but I am curious how it stacks up against the

Modwright, which gets great press for many different sources.

Again I am sure the Peach is good but I feel that whenever the question

of preamps is asked it is the only response. Has anyone actually

compared the peach to Modwright, Rogue, Conrad Johnson, etc.

I guess I rely less and les on the "press" and more on users goups like Klipsch, AudioKarma, Audiogon, and Audio Asylum.

Audio magazines are a necessary evil; but they can be as ignorant as a brick and mortar audio store salesman.

I am not referring to press but other audio forums, the Modwright SWL is recommended all over the place but on this forum the only answer is the Peach. Again I think the Peach would be a good choice but i find it odd that it is only talked about on the Klipsch forum. Type Modwright SWL into Google and you will find countless positive reviews from users with all types of speakers. The Peach has to have competition, it can't be the only tube preamp that mates well with Klipsch. I would just like to hear an actual review or comparison rather than blanket endorsements for the Peach.

I am still curious if anyone has heard the Modwright SWL, this preamp gets rave reviews on many sites but I have never heard how it sounds with the RF-7. I am sure that the Peach is a great preamp but I am curious how it stacks up against the Modwright, which gets great press for many different sources. Again I am sure the Peach is good but I feel that whenever the question of preamps is asked it is the only response. Has anyone actually compared the peach to Modwright, Rogue, Conrad Johnson, etc.

I kno wyou are sick of hearing about the Peach, but I do have a mint condition Peach for sale. It is 1 year old. $1,000 with box and all paperwork. it is in as New condition. At this price you can try it and get your money back out if you are not satisfied, or add Mark's retrofit remote later if need be.

Email me at nevadamail@hotmail.com if interested.

I am not referring to press but other audio

forums, the Modwright SWL is recommended all over the place but on this

forum the only answer is the Peach. Again I think the Peach would

be a good choice but i find it odd that it is only talked about on the

Klipsch forum. Type Modwright SWL into Google and you will find

countless positive reviews from users with all types of speakers.

The Peach has to have competition, it can't be the only tube preamp

that mates well with Klipsch. I would just like to hear an actual

review or comparison rather than blanket endorsements for the Peach.

Audio stores are most times set up so poor you cannot learn a thing

there and listening takes hours not the minutes audio salesman give you

unmolested to listen. Reviews are great if you buy into them. They

worked well for my DAC and upsampler purchases.

In the end, buy something on gut feel, get it home use it for a month without a single other change to your system and keep the component or sell it off.