My Legends

CYBERSHEB

Looks good! Do you keep your remotes in their original plastic bags? Confused.gif:

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - coming soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Albany.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-13-2001 at 07:49 AM

CYBERSHEB,

Don't pay any attention to what Deam has to say, he's trying to make trouble for avman on this bb. I think it has something to do with penis envy. Poor Deam, poor, poor Deam.

BTW- Great setup. I'll try to post some pics as soon as I stop spending money on school and a/v and break down to buy a digital camera.

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

***Needed VPI HW Series Turntable*** Anybody Sellin'?

Hey cybersheb looks good. I have a question what kind of material are under those klf-30's are they ceramic blocks or something that improves sound?? Also where did you get them at and how much do they cost? also can you explain the material and how much does that go for behind your setup??

Under the KLF-30's I have 2 different materials, on the top (the white thing u see in the pic) is a hard marlble slab which gives more depth to the bass and would also be good for spiking the mains (which i am yet to try). Below the slab is an anti-vibration pad, made from thick cork-sheet. Its basicly used for industrial purposes to prevent the vibration on the floor. I'm living in an apartment and had a lot of complaints from the people downstairs.. when i play these babies loud the floor would shake. The cork sheet had solved that problem.

Sheb-

I wasn't criticizing your setup by making the "live" comment; we all have to adapt to our surroundings, but I'm guessing it's unpleasant when it's loud. I'm also surprised that you have 30s in an apartment! I had to move out of my apartment when I had my KLF 20s! The bass coupling with the floor when I used the spikes was murder on my neighbors. I found a little house, and then upgraded to 30s! I'm thinking the "deader" you can make that apt, the better the 30s are gonna sound. If your neighbors are young, they'll get used to it--if they're old fossils like mine were, they call the cops every ten minutes cause they can't hear their favorite Matlock and Golden Girls episodes over that dad-blamed racket, and their beddy-bye time is 8 pm.

When I get old and feeble, my hearing will most likely be shot, and I'm gonna have like 80 K-Horns in my house, and I'm gonna crank every blues disc known to man.

This message has been edited by Mr. Blorry on 11-18-2001 at 03:24 PM

Hello Dere Mr. Blorry

Your sniping at those of us who you seem to think have outlived our usefulness is getting a little "old" to say the least. I am just shy of 60 and recently purchased a decent audio system which includes a pair of KLF30's and a tube amplifier.

I also just recently trained as a computer technician,(having first achieved CompTia A+ certification by self-study), and now spend 60 hours a week tending to the maintainance needs of approximately 800 users and the 200 +/- printers and plotters used by them. I submit that there are folks with a lot less mileage on them that would find keeping up with this "fossil" something of a a chore.

As for Matlock - I doubt that I have watched more than a dozen episodes,( but do not be too quick to dismiss Andy Griffith though- The man can act and can have me or you ROTFLMAO when he needs to).

As for The Golden Girls - I suggest that if you were to stop snorting and"listen to the dialogue you might be suprised at the sophistication of the writing and the acting involved.

I recently wound up on the Scheize list with my next door neighbours for waking them up at 5:00 A.M. while getting ready for work and listening to Paulette Carlson singing Loving on the Side on the Will The Circle Be Unbroken V.II disc. All the doors and windows of my house were closed and I had no idea that my KLF's were rattling their windows on the next lot cwm24.gif

Remember - Inside every Old man is a Young man wondering "What the Hell Happened??"

My favourite Blooper cut shows Willard Scott interviewing a wizened up old lady at a nursing home who was sitting in front of a large Birthday Cake. Willard asks - "Mother Wilson - How does it feel to know that you are 104 years old today?" - She turned her head to look at him and in a scratchy but clear voice snarled - "Consider the alternative You Damned Fool!" Willard threw back his head and laughed so hard he dropped his microphone!

Older does not mean stupider,(or smarter), - It simply means - born sooner.

P.S. I am happy to learn that you are now able to enjoy your 30's as much as I enjoy mine!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)cwm12.gifcwm12.gif

This message has been edited by lynnm on 11-18-2001 at 06:29 PM

lynn

My brother is 60, and I'm not too far behind him. These old bags I refer to were pushing 90, but physical age has nothing to do with it anyway. I refer to an old state of mind. Sounds like you're afraid of being old if you take offense.

------------------

1 pair Mahogany KLF-30s

1 Mahogany KLF-C7

1 pair Walnut 1977 Heresys

This message has been edited by Mr. Blorry on 11-18-2001 at 07:19 PM

I am not worried about getting old. I simply suggest that getting less useful or less intelligent is not a function of aging.

The older I get the less inclined I am to accept the prejudices that come with "common knowledge."

What I take offence to - Is the notion that anyone who is pushing 90 is by definition an "Old Bag" and that by definition everyone under 50 is by definition smarter than anyone who is not.

Your response implies that any fossil who finds your attitude offensive is merely being defensive. It is tempting to suggest that you should not be around long enough to test your theory - but in fact I hope you live long enough to re-examine your attitude and come to understand that as you say - age has nothing to do with it. George Burns said it best, "You can't help getting older - But you do not have to get old!"

I can only surmise as to your age - but I would suggest that your thinking suggests a far more rigid attitude about the assumed mental effects/defects that result from aging than is held by many of us who are older. Like the old lady in the Willard Scott anecdote above - "Consider the alternative - You Damned Fool!"

In any event - This dialogue is unlikely to resolve anything and I will stop harrassing you and go back to drooling in my gruel between shifts at the IT department.

AKA - Those 30's are lovely -especially in mahogany- Aren't they!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)

I apologize to everyone if my comments offended. I apologize to you lynn, if you take offense to my comments. All I was trying to do is bring a little levity into the forum. If I insulted anyone, I am sorry.

Now, may we get back to arguing about Klipsch speakers?

------------------

1 pair Mahogany KLF-30s

1 Mahogany KLF-C7

1 pair Walnut 1977 Heresys