Home Theater Setup - Cornwall I's!

Raven

Here's some pics of my HT setup so far. I took a couple shots from the front towards the back but they didn't come out too well. Heh.. for that matter, neither did the front shots! I'll get some better shots in the upcoming weeks and update the page.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip/

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Nakamichi 482 Cassette Deck; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

quote:

Originally posted by eq_shadimar:

Very nice setup! I bet the Cornwalls rock the house. Man every time I see the C7 in a picture I think that thing is HUGE :-)

Laters,

Hey! Funny how your setup looks almost just like mine! Even down to the sub placement. <grin>

Yeah, the C7 is huge. I'd like to find an Academy to replace it in the front and then I was thinking putting the C7 as the center rear but it's huge to be hanging on a wall. Not sure how to go with the rear center yet. Like the Heresey's you have in the back.. I'd probably fly them though.. heh.

Hey.. how did you do that panoramic? I need to do some of those. Please let me know what you use to make that. Thanks!

BTW: I like your NEW theater plans.. whoohoo!

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Nakamichi 482 Cassette Deck; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

Hehe well Cornwalls being soo big there is not much of a choice on where to put themcwm12.gif The panoramic shot was made up of 14 digital pictures. I used software from The Panoramic Factory to stitch them all together.

I want to hang the Heresy's too I am just trying to figure out how to do it. I have a couple of ideas that I am working on. I also want to hear them elevated first. Anyway that is all in the works. I am getting a HIP-2 for my center channel it will be interesting to see how that works out.

Laters,

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 11-14-2001 at 12:01 PM

Thanks all for the comments!

Shapeshifter:

It's funny you should mention that. I've had the Cornwalls since 1981 and when we were shopping for a home, we viewed several in the area. One was beautiful with three acres of land, barn and everything you'd want but there was no room large enough to place my Cornwalls and audio system in it! So, we purchased this house instead! LOL

The only reason we didn't get the other house was because my system wouldn't fit.

TheEar:

No, the Sony doesn't have to work hard.. especially when I'm using the Hafler DH-200 to power the cornwalls. <grin> I plan on hooking it up soon to see how it sounds instead of the Sony built-in amp. And to think, I was going to auction off my Hafler amp...

James:

Slamma Jamma is right! When turned up, I have to take everything off the tops of the cornwalls or they dance off themselves.. lol

Only issue I have at this point is there's some overlap on the bass between the sub and the cornwalls so I get a raised db level at around 75-90Hz. I can't see a way to avoid this as I need the crossover to match up with the KLF-C7. Well, that issue and the issue of getting a rear center speaker or replacing the KLF-C7 with an Academy for the front and putting the C7 as the rear center.

It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to find an Academy!!! Please.. anybody have one they want to sell???

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip

• 4 weeks later...