They Are Here!

jackpod

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord! Is that stuff in the closet hooked up, or is it for a rainy day in Arizona?

Congrats on the Khorns. I trust they will get a serious workout.

By the way I applaud the music delivery system too.[:D]

I'm showin' my wife all that stuff. That ought to put things into perspective for her. [6]

Mark, Seriously look into server based delivery. First I am big into home automation, Gosh I could go on for days. Everything is automated but thats for another time. I have a 3.4ghz computer with 8 250GB hard drives in a raid 5 array for 1.5 terrabytes of storage. I am using an M Audio 1010lt sound card which gives me 4 analog outs and a digital. The analog feed a whole house music system, digital feeds the theater sound system. I use J River Media Center as the backend and Cinemar Mainlobby on a touchscreen. The music is just a small portion of the system but I can have 5 simoustaneous music feeds with no degradation. I then use an airpanel which is a wireless tablet and can sit there and pick song after song and the wife can be anywhere else in the house listening to whatever she wants. I currently have 700 Gigs of wav files on the server.

As far as the equipment closet, the rack on the left is strictly audio and all McIntosh except the TT. The rack on the right is all video, the rack in the middle is a little of both plus my electronic crossovers and balanced line drivers

psg, I am very happy, I didn't know music could sound so good

Jack

Mark, Seriously look into server based delivery. First I am big into home automation, Gosh I could go on for days. Everything is automated but thats for another time. I have a 3.4ghz computer with 8 250GB hard drives in a raid 5 array for 1.5 terrabytes of storage. I am using an M Audio 1010lt sound card which gives me 4 analog outs and a digital. The analog feed a whole house music system, digital feeds the theater sound system. I use J River Media Center as the backend and Cinemar Mainlobby on a touchscreen. The music is just a small portion of the system but I can have 5 simoustaneous music feeds with no degradation. I then use an airpanel which is a wireless tablet and can sit there and pick song after song and the wife can be anywhere else in the house listening to whatever she wants. I currently have 700 Gigs of wav files on the server.

As far as the equipment closet, the rack on the left is strictly audio and all McIntosh except the TT. The rack on the right is all video, the rack in the middle is a little of both plus my electronic crossovers and balanced line drivers

psg, I am very happy, I didn't know music could sound so good

Jack

Extremely impressive. I have an embarassingly small version of a music server running here. I also have the wireless network....but what a joke compared to your "mother ship". Pretty much everything I do now is on the PC with FLAC or WAV, and I'm moving in the direction of some larger storage such as a subset of what you have.

Man...you are serious. That is one strong system. You MAY take the "forum freak" award. [:D][;)] (which would be a GOOD thing). Of course it means I am seriously jealous. I don't remember seeing a system LIKE THAT on this forum before. If there is such a thing, I missed it.

I'm thinking you need some Jubilees. You sure have the room, and the system to drive them.

I'm happy for you that you finally scored some gorgeous Khorns. The drive had to be worth it.

I'm thinking you need some Jubilees.

I doubt if that's what he wanted to hear, after owning Klipschorns for less than a day!

Jubilees are not better than Klipschorns, just different. They were designed after PWK had lost most of his hearing, keep in mind. [:)][:(]

• Moderators

Talk about WAF you could write a book !

I have seen dealers that have less equipment !

Your neighbors are far enough away not to hear but they can tell when you power it all up because the lights in your neighborhood probably go dim for a few seconds.

Glad you like them big ole horns can't wait to hear more.

Stunning set-up!!! Love all that McIntosh gear. And congrats on what could be your final speaker purchase.

Not sure sure about that view tho'; long term exposure tp wide open spaces and nature would give me the willies. I'm happiest where I can comfortably read a book in my yard in the middle of night with no lamps save for the soft glow of my city.