They Are Here!

jackpod

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got em off the trailer and out of the truck, unboxed, taken apart and applaude this old fart for getting them in the house all by himself, damn young kids are so irresponsible, never showed up. A little eye candy while I take a break. BTW the house you see in the background is my closest nieghbor

post-21475-13819307992756_thumb.jpg

ok, sitting here with my airpanel listening to my first song.

in all my life i have never heard anything so smooth so transparent, i had to check 3 times to make sure my sub was turned off. 1.5 McIntosh watts, now 3 watts, my god i have died and gone to audio heaven. Absolutely no comparison to my Belles. i can't believe the low end, the mids are so open, i need to add an Ionovac on top, but that is my hearing, i know my top end hearing is gone. you don't even see them in the corners

Chicago Pete i have 2.5 acres, it is 130 ft to my front fence from where the khorn is standing. my lot is pie shaped, 360ft across the front, 20ft across the back, 680ft down one side, 580ft down the other side and a dirt road at each end. i lived in California 53 yrs, i don't miss not having neighbors

i'll post pics in a bit, i would have to leave the room to do that! i have my cd's ripped in wav format on server with a wireless tablet as a front end so i can sit here and listen and still be online. the system works well, digital out of the server into McIntosh mac 3 dac, Mac C39 pre to a Mac mc150 at the moment. next will be my mc240

my dog loves the land

Travis, satisfied doesn't describe well enough

I had my Klipschorns hooked up next to each other (in the middle of the room) with McIntosh MA6200 (75-100wpc/8-4Ohm) and enjoyed them...hooking up an EICO HF-81 (14 wpc) then Craig's NOSValves VRDs and JuicyMusicAudio BlueBerry MkI...[:D]...if you like (as I did) the sound with SS...wait till you get a load of your Klipschorns with your Tubes!

Congrats and enjoy!

Bill

ok, sitting here with my airpanel listening to my first song.

in all my life i have never heard anything so smooth so transparent, i had to check 3 times to make sure my sub was turned off. 1.5 McIntosh watts, now 3 watts, my god i have died and gone to audio heaven. Absolutely no comparison to my Belles. i can't believe the low end, the mids are so open, i need to add an Ionovac on top, but that is my hearing, i know my top end hearing is gone. you don't even see them in the corners

Chicago Pete i have 2.5 acres, it is 130 ft to my front fence from where the khorn is standing. my lot is pie shaped, 360ft across the front, 20ft across the back, 680ft down one side, 580ft down the other side and a dirt road at each end. i lived in California 53 yrs, i don't miss not having neighbors

What the heck, give 'em 5 watts. Your neighbor won't mind. It is amazing how large they are until you get them in a corner. They really do disappear. Congratulations.