For those in FL about to get wet, we salute you...

pauln

The Journey of Ernie will continue on Thursday and Friday in our neck of the woods. This is wonderful news since the family room wall is still awaiting new windows so we have some light plywood tacked up in the meantime.

I blew out my L4/L5 disc last week and am scheduled for surgery at 7am on Friday. Not that I'm a glutton for punishment and love surgery, I really hope it comes off as scheduled. I'm not walking well and I sure can't lift anything of consequence.

Chris

Here's a little storm action from my backyard about 90 minutes ago...my brother just took this shot from Ernesto as a band passes over the Tampa Bay area some 50 miles away. Still no wind and rain here in Lakeland...yet!

post-11084-13819308057646_thumb.jpg

Hey Chris,

Good luck with the surgery. I take it Gary won't be playing golf with you then. [:(]

Mike

LOL, Mike. This injury came from out of no-where ... no idea how I did it even. I just know that I woke up last Wednesday am and was dragging my left foot. No feeling in it whatsoever.

My golf has, while not in your league presently, has been pretty good, too. Been playing about 5-over most days. Back was feeling loose and comfortable. Dang!

If Gary wants to look us up, we'd love to have them over. Phone is 247-6793 (cell). Don't think he's browsing on-line, tho.

Family room/kitchen is at the nadir of the remodel right now. The electrical's been done, the plumbing's been done, and the sheetrocking is done. We have some floor patching to do and then comes the rebuilding phase. Cabinets are all queued up in the living room.

Great time to yank out the back, eh? [:$]

Yeah, that is unfortunate. If I talk to Gary I'll let him know about the invite.

My golf has been pretty good of late (mostly due to my putting) but I can still shoot on the high side of 80 when I'm struggling off the tee. I'm down to a 3 index though, and have shot even par twice in the last 6 weeks (3-putting 18 both times for bogey), which is about as good as it gets for me.

Hope you can get back out there soon...

Mike

I second Chris and Michael's comments as that is a killer shot Jim. Best of luck to all of you down that area. My wife was very concerned last night as I am heading to Mobile for a golf tournament this weekend and she thought we were driving into the eye or something! Bless her heart[;)]

Playing any part of the Jones Trail (or whatever they call it)? I've heard it's a blast.

You'll definitely be fine, but I can't believe your wife gave you a kitchen pass on Labor Day weekend for a GOLF tourney [:P] My wife would do the same but I'd have 10X the normal honey-do's to do when I got back ...

No flog until Christmas. Man, this really BLOWS like Ernesto [;)]