I want to rock my backyard

jrv

My yard is 100ft and goes back 150ft. What would be best to for the

sound to carry. Tanget 300's or the newer floor standing speakers with

lots of smaller woofers. I have a back garage door so I will keep them

inside and just open the door. I would rather use good bookshelf's if

possible. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Looking for

something on ebay $300-$400.

I play my cornwalls outdoors in the backyard all the time down here in Georgia. I can tell you that the horns will not only rock the yard, but the neighbors yard too (especially at night).

My wife's niece lives about 1/2 a mile away and she can routinely quote my play list, no problem. Her and her husband have listened to my music on their porch before.

I basically live in the woods with nothing around me and it still carries all the way to civilization. Just a little warning....you WILL rock the back yard.

Outdoors is where the Klispch sound really shines.

Well.... Me and my buddies got together a few weeks ago and were discussing the fine art of zymurgy, as practiced by Samuel Adams, and it's potential applications in Klipsch testing.... So...

First we drug out a pair of Klipschorns (you shoulda' seen it, it looked like a bunch of drunken dung beetles carryin' them BB's) and set them on the back porch. Not findin' any corners, we improvised, adapted and overcame... Went back into the garage and got us 8 sheets of 4x8 hurricane plywood sheets, several 2x4's, the drill.., and made us some corners in about 30 minutes.

Back porch opens onto the pool and the pasture (this is important....). Dropped in a Pink Floyd DSOTM CD and cranked them up to about 30 watts or so. Unbelievable.... We all headed to the pool about 30 feet away and it was like an open air concert from back in the day in Europe in the military...

Meanwhile..., my wife's horses gathered at the pasture fence and gave us the "look"... So.. we headed to the pasture to be friendly and went about 200 yards due south. Had the most reliable amongst us give them about 60 watts....

Unbelievable..... Great!!! Swapped them with the LaScala's, same effect. Tried a couple pairs of Heresy's. Very good, but after about 100 yards, they dropped off.

Put the LS's & the Heresy's away, and reinstalled the K-horn's. Headed to the pool with the cooler and had a great time until my wife came home. At that point, the K'horns sounded puny compared to She Who Must Be Obeyed...

Oh well......... You only live twice, or sumthin' like that...