Look what went thru airport security in my carry on!!!

customsteve01

Steve:

I seem to recall (from your earlier posts) that you are somehow involved with the air flight industry.

What does the fact that you could have a couple of fairly serious looking capacitors in your carry - on tell you about the TSA "security" people? Too busy banning your bottled water or looking for bombs in your sneakers?

James

James,

Yes I do work for an airline. But I get the same treatment as everybody else when it comes come to going thru security, other than I usually don't get the strip search done, I have been pulled out of line at the gate and had my bag gone through by hand. I do get to cut in line if I don't want to wait in the lines tho.[:P]

You know what TSA stands for don't you?

Thousands Standing Around.............

Steve

I think its funny that they threw blame at the screeners that were working at the time of 9/11.

The scumbags that hi-jacked our airplanes did not go thru security with anything that was banned at the time. So what did the screeners do wrong? The only thing the TSA did was change the rules and pay them more and hire more of them.

I fly every 4 days so I see them alot.

Steve

Interesting. On a recent business trip, I took a handheld Rat Shack SPL meter. Security did NOT question it on the trip there, but flagged it on the trip back. I could tell they were "confused" - they asked me what it was, I told them, they had no more questions about it. Perhaps the guy knew what an SPL meter was, perhaps not, and was just looking for an answer.

Chris

How could you hijack a plane with a cross over?

That's easy:

Everyone down -- I've got a low ESR cap!

It's a good thing that those caps weren't Sonicraft Platinums. I could see myself enthusiastically explaining to TSA: "Oh, those are the hot new caps from Sonicraft. They are DA BOMB."

And then I would say "Oops"[;)]

Then two 6'4" security guards in all black uniforms and polished black boots say "Come with us" and they bring you to a door when opened someone shouts, "NO PLEASE! Not again!" [;)]