My wife do'snt understand me!

oldenough

Marvel,

Personally I am not the least bit offended. I think those are beautiful sentiments & beautifully expressed. It has to be a form of therapy to write or speak thoughts such as these.

Several years ago my brother lost his wife, at the age of 43, to breast cancer. They had 3 teenage boys together & it took him awhile to get it together.

I wish you well.

JT

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marvel, I agree with IBSlammin sentments.

I know you have been through a very difficult time that I can't even begin to imagine your pain.

However keep in mind that every persons relationship is unique to each other. Personally for myself, I could not be so bold as to tell anyone else they do not know true love unless they believe in what I believe. I know true love for me, and I'm married happly to her.

Marvel...I want to be very clear though. I have read your pain and feel only a fraction of what you write. You are a very lucky man to have spent 30 years with your soul mate.

I think I need to answer this. My previous post needs to be seen in context with where I work. There are some great people on this forum who could very easily disagree with my point of view. I won't argure with them, that is not my intent. I didn't sign on to preach my message. My original post had been in partial response to some very young students views on love, not just the loss of a spouse. My idea of love at age 18 was pretty shallow too, as were most of the posts by students at the college where I work.

This may sound trite, but I hope I am able to get along with just about anybody, and their own beliefs, often cause great conversation and friendly debate. If it turns sour, we need to step back from it. The college where I work is a part of denomination X, while I am in denomination Y. There are only two of us (denomination Y) on staff there. It has made it very interesting over the years. We agree on what we can agree on and agree to disagree on the rest. If they go home at night and think badly of me, that is their problem and not mine. I don't think badly of them. We have people on here from around the world, and while it may sound like I'm saying we just need a group hug, being nice to one another is a good thing.

And... I feel so very lucky to have known my wife for 34 years, that it also gives me pause to even consider the idea of starting again. I might not be so 'lucky' next time. (Thomas Jefferson said he was a great believer in good luck. And the harder he worked, the more good luck he had.)

And one last thing... I laugh a lot, really. Most days are really good, so if it sounds like I am wanting to throw a pity party, I'm not.

My litle joke about the genie was just a reply to Colter's "don't know what women want"..a little levity..

Bruce, I have been fortunate to have known my wife for 33 years, and have been married to her for 21..like you, I am very lucky, it's a team effort, and we are definitely soul mates. No disrespect was meant, and I hope none taken. I count myself very fortunate, and if I haven't said it before, I am deeply sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what you have been through.

My best to you.

Regards

Steve

Sometimes these just fade away and at others they stop for no real reason. fini has been known to be a thread killer on here, but it may just be he got in the last word and it could have been anyone.

I don't have much stored in the house, but I have a small storage barn (12x24) just packed with junk. A lot of old computer stuff from school that we ere thowing out. I think finally got rid of all the excess monitors... giving them to friends who had theirs die. Anything to recycle some of these things. I still have a nice dual cpu server, BUT they are only 300Mhz CPUs. Not much use is taking up space with that sicne you can get better, faster hardware the size of a shoebox now. For a lot less money.

Bruce

Morning Michael!

1940s Kalamazoo Oriole. In other words, it was a Gibson second and they painted over it. I stripped all the old ugly paint and put new tuners on it. It had a Gobson logo under the paint but I couldn't save it. I only paid $40 for it. The single coil has incredible tone. It's a fun little instrument, but I wish I could do a better job playing it. [:'(]

It wasn't David Lindley was it? He played slide on a lot of early Jackson Browne and is a hot steel player.

Gotta go for nwo, but I'll be back this afternoon.

David Lindley......What a Talented Man......Lousy dresser....but a TRUE Talent.....Loved him with Jackson Browne......I wish I had half his talent.............

Just checked his website and he's been playing gigs with Jackson Browne this summer. And since Michael mentioned it, I just downloaded the whole Phil Lesh concert in Indy this past July. Not a bad recording at all. Even if a rather low bit rate.

Barry Sless is the steel player with Lesh at the moment.