My wife do'snt understand me!

oldenough

well there has to be some middle ground between Hog T Ryder and Casper Q. Milqeutoast.

Me, I'm just a fun loving ex hippie type. Not exactly bad boy, but at first glance not your 'take home to mommy type' either. As they (IF they) get to know me, they see the a pretty nice, caring guy under all the hair, if I do say so myself.

I don't do caveman well. But I don't think that's the problem....

M

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, they want to be respected and cared for.

No Marvel, your wrong on this one. deep down that maybe their longing, but generally?? But hey i dont want to be the one to burst your bubble.

I'll just smile and let that one slide. I know better. [:)]

Ahhh Marvel....A true gentleman! I have always respected you and now I know why!

Yes they want to be loved, helped, respected, and cared about....but they fantasize about the big burly guy in the leather and the Harley...most are afraid to admit it though.

Of course woman are way smarter than men and no matter what we do we are always playing "catch up". I'm OK with it personally!

I know what my wife fanasized about, and it wasn't the big burly guy. I think you just don't know the right women.

My wife was brilliant, yet she thought I was the smartest man alive (we all know better- at least I know better on that point)

Ahhh...I know the right women alright...married to a great one now....I just need to know one...for me....

fantasy and reality are two completely seperate things...but I, like you, will smile and bet we are on the same page :)

she's a very timid, meek type. I'd scare her off in a heartbeat (if looking at me isn't scary enough!)

Nah, deep down they all want the bad boys.

No need to get all serious there Marvel. I'm just teasing with Colter. What women want depends on the women. They're all different, that's what makes it so interesting.

she's a very timid, meek type. I'd scare her off in a heartbeat (if looking at me isn't scary enough!)

Nah, deep down they all want the bad boys.

No need to get all serious there Marvel. I'm just teasing with Colter. What women want depends on the women. They're all different, that's what makes it so interesting.

"SERIOUS" Now there's the one thing that will scare them off in a heart-beat

Well, that is one thing I can promise any woman who hangs with me- that she will laugh every single day. The problem is finding someone with same sense of values who will put up with my other bad habits or whatever else seems to be getting in the way.

Haven't had so much as a date in quite a while now. Getting pretty down about it.

I have no idea what women want. None.

Well Colter, maybe you need to chat with Marvel he's quite sure he has the answer. As for me, i,d say be yourself, smile even when you do'nt feel like it, and most important get out there and show em what you got. Great move......take dance lessons.

PS. your not alone when it comes to not knowing what women want, that's the other part of the adventure.

yeh, you know..like the joke about the guy in California who finds the genie in the bottle, and gets one wish, and asks the genie to build a freeway to Hawaii...

the genie says, "no way, too hard to build, too many materials, logistics, etc etc"

and "what's your next wish?"

and the guy says "I want you to explain how women think"..

and the genie says..

"was that two lane or four lane?"

Well, that is one thing I can promise any woman who hangs with me- that she will laugh every single day. The problem is finding someone with same sense of values who will put up with my other bad habits or whatever else seems to be getting in the way.

Haven't had so much as a date in quite a while now. Getting pretty down about it.

I have no idea what women want. None.

Let me qualify this by saying "I don't know ^%$# from shinola".

However, I have now come to the immediate (could change) conclusion that the opposite sex is the superior of the species and what they want is perpetualy changing. It's kind of like a puppy. When it learns one thing it's time to teach it something else. Sometimes we get our reward of a scratch behind the ear and sometimes we get our noses rubbed in it.

Again, I'm OK with it. Just gotta have my ear rubbed ;)

You know I have heard the book "men are from mars and women are from venus" is very true. I cannot read books like that myself but I have heard women say they book pretty much sums it up. I think together, men and women make a pretty good team!

I posted this as in my previous posts were just "poking fun".

I truly think a relationship will only work if the two parties work off of each other giving the family what they need. I recently went through a divorse and when I started dating again I heard time and again that men are lying dogs. This came from 30-40 year old women who have experianced life a bit.

From what I heard, it is rare for a women to meet a man who is honest. I don't date men so I can only repeat what I have heard!

Phil

Because I got new H2's in Feb. my wife doesn't feel Klipschorns are needed now, Have you ever heard such a thing? No Room she says, I show her I only need the corners, and still she says I don't need them, What's a man to do? Ok she's right, so maybe that Outlaw receiver would help make my stereo sound better..........No, I just got that Sony less than 2 years ago, I don't need it either........I tell ya', why is it when it comes to Stereo Stuff, most women balk at improvements, but let the Kitchen need something, and we're all over that? Want a new carpet, not need,want, and it's done.........Maybe my wife doesn't understand me...........STILL.........

Well Colter, maybe you need to chat with Marvel he's quite sure he has the answer. As for me, i,d say be yourself, smile even when you do'nt feel like it, and most important get out there and show em what you got. Great move......take dance lessons.

PS. your not alone when it comes to not knowing what women want, that's the other part of the adventure.

Look what happens when I'm off here for a few hours (I do go to work during the day and we have been busy).

You have to be yourself, and you also had better laugh every day.

I also didn't always know what my wife wanted, but we were always honest with each other. Very honest. A female acquaintance of mine in Seattle told me not to be too honest, as it would scare off anyone I met or took out. The person I asked out said 'no, not right now,' yet I still have to talk with her as we work at the same college. I asked her if my honesty scared her any and she said not at all, it's the best way to be. Maybe I just get drawn to the beauties. She is a beauty too.

Someone at the college posted a question about love, and what a spouse tells a new spouse or friend about their deceased spouse. If you read more, be forewarned that the whole of the argument is in a Christian context. This is what I posted:

I was married to my wife for over thirty years. As I mentioned in [another thread], she passed away this past Christmas from Malignant Melanoma (a

devastating skin cancer). The decision to love is so deeply rooted in Ephesians

5:21-33. Until you come to terms with this passage, you don't have a clue what

love is about when speaking of someone of the opposite sex, and it can only

really happen within the context of marriage. To love means a total surrender of

oneself to the other party, i.e., your spouse. Until then it just isn't

happening. It means never questioning their intent and surrendering to them in a

way that shows you are making yourself vulnerable, never expecting anything in

return. It is how Jesus treats us, having first died for us, that He now pours

out His love on us whether we respond or not. It also requires an openness and

honesty, a desire to squelch presupposing what the other person is thinking or

how they will interpret what you say or do. That is not the same as refraining

from some action that you know will hurt the other, but it means not playing

games, i.e., he/she would expect me to say this so I will respond in this way so

I get what I want. In actuality, they may not expect that at all, so the

relationship becomes damaged all to quickly as each tries to second guess what

the reactions and words of the other person means.

I loved my wife

imperfectly, but the best I knew how. I believe I could do better now, to love

more completely, more perfectly. To be able to surrender more of myself to

another person. A broken and ending relationship between two who are still alive

is different than one where one has passed away.

While I miss my wife

greatly, in unimaginable ways, she is no longer here. My love continues for her.

How could it not? A new relationship will not cause that love to stop. It's not

like two boards stuck end to end where one stops and another begins, but one

where the love for the one continues and the new relationship begins and perhaps

love for them begins. I feel like I was only beginning to grasp what love is and

how to love in the last five to ten years of our marriage.

I still have

her here in many ways, as I look at our children. The tenderness and immediate

empathy my daughter shows others. Looking at her eyes. The varied temperaments

of each of our sons. Their hair, mannerisms, sense of humor and intelligence.

Their love of God. Barbara showed me how to love and was a great example to me

and to others. I have boxes of cards and letters, telling me that, but I can't

go back and read many of them yet. Maybe I never will.

Most of all, the

relationship has to be grounded in a deep love for Christ. Always seeking His

will and having a detachment from the things of this world. "Sell all you have

and distribute to the poor...and come, follow me." Matthew 18:22 We can't let

our love of 'stuff' get in the way of how we should love Him. I have lots of

stuff. We accumulated it over the years. It makes us comfortable, and in some

ways is a part of us yet not us, but I don't want it to get in the

way.

At some point, one has to move on, and the struggle then is one of

timing. You have to come to terms with the fact that starting a new relationship

isn't a denial of the former. One shouldn't feel guilty about it. Nor should a

new relationship be a replacement of the one lost. We are all different, each

unique, with the gifts God has given us. But, as two friends have pointed out to

me recently, I won't be bringing baggage to a new relationship, but experience

and knowledge, for how we should care for and love one another.

That lets it all out doesn't it? If anyone really wants to discuss this, you can send me an email. I can fill you in on the background. It doesn't need to be on here. If anyone is too weirded out by this, I'll edit it and take the text out. Just let me know.

Because I got new H2's in Feb. my wife doesn't feel Klipschorns are needed now, Have you ever heard such a thing? No Room she says, I show her I only need the corners, and still she says I don't need them, What's a man to do? Ok she's right, so maybe that Outlaw receiver would help make my stereo sound better..........No, I just got that Sony less than 2 years ago, I don't need it either........I tell ya', why is it when it comes to Stereo Stuff, most women balk at improvements, but let the Kitchen need something, and we're all over that? Want a new carpet, not need,want, and it's done.........Maybe my wife doesn't understand me...........STILL.........

Oh? So you guys think you got it bad on the home front?

My new AH! Super 4000 TJ CD player arrived yesterday. IT WAS DEFECTIVE!!!

All of you are invited to come over and help me explain to her why she can't listen to it this weekend.[:(][D]

Terry

This place brings some of the people here close to eachother even though we have never met. At times we really open up. Sometimes we get past ego, arrogance, what we own, and Mr. big time audio, as we see ourselves. At times we become very honest and open.

For me, this is one of them. A bit more than a bum CD player.

IB Slammin read Marvel's post.......and wept.

Marvel,

Don't edit a word.

Terry