My wife do'snt understand me!

oldenough

I have said this before, but if you're married and you love your wife, let go of the gear if it really causes issues. I would rrather have the wife instead of the best gear in the world. Trust me on that.... If anyone tells you different, their head is in the wrong place.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marvel, believe me when i tell you that i consider myself one lucky man to be married to Elsie. She has an amazing sense of humour, and put's up with all my little quirks. If for one minute i thought that my fetish for all things audio was affecting my marriage then it would all go back to the thrift store from whence it came.[:D]

Michael - you only take yourself out of the running because/if you want to. We can become our own worst enemy. It's just stuff. When you are younger, you usually don't have much because you couldn't afford much.

I just asked someone out for the first time in over thirty years. It is someone I've known for a couple of years, but just realized she is also someone I care deeply about. She is already on her own career path, and even though we are just friends, I must admit that my mind has me contemplating all the future possibilities.

Would I be willing to to sell my house? Move? Totally change careers? Start over in learning all about this other person? It's a give and take on both sides, so would I get rid of a lot of stuff to make it work? What would she be willing to give up if it moved that direction? And we haven't even gone out yet.

You can't talk about love unless you talk about making yourself vulnerable, and that is hard to do. Especially if you've been hurt before. If you are just living with someone for convenience sake, it isn't love, and I don't want convenience, especially after having a relationship where love was poured out and real every day for so many years..

If that requires a major change in lifestyle to get there, then that's what you do. If it's something you don't want to change, then you live with the consequences. Your 'stuff' may be what attracts someone to begin with, too, but having it or not having it shouldn't be the basis of the relationship. Maybe in the beginning but not long term. It's who you are inside that counts, and how that's communicated to others.

In some ways, the possibility of what may lie ahead scares me, but life moves on. With a real relationship, you buy into the other person completely, so to speak. You asked a simple question Michael, and I am writing a book here. The past three weeks have been torture for me as I have wrestled with a lot of these issues. (I have, actually, written page after page in getting my feelings out, trying to explain to some friends what is going on. It's helped me work through it)

If it's JUST companionship you want, I think it can still involve a lot of this.

I think I'll go make a pot of coffee now that it's morning. I don't like waking up to an empty house. I would trade it all in to have Barbara here now, but it just doesn't work that way, and life moves on.

Bruce

Hey Guy, if you need to make room send me some receivers and amps, I'll store them for you...................No Charge Forum Bud...........

Shhhh!. keep it down Oldbuckster, most of it is now safely stashed right above her head in the attic. But thanks for that more than kind offer.[;)]

OK offer always open, I'll be quiet as a mouse, she'll never find out they're in the attic............What you say your phone number was ????.............[;)]

oldenough: It's time to tell her that you will eliminate half of your collection just as soon as she eliminates half of her shoes. And, regardless of what she says, get rid of all of the Bose, now! [;)]

Actually those bo$e 201's do duty on our deck, really dont sound too bad, (as long as you dont listen to them).

oldenough: It's time to tell her that you will eliminate half of your collection just as soon as she eliminates half of her shoes. And, regardless of what she says, get rid of all of the Bose, now! [;)]

Glen,

LMBO because I can relate. I own 2 pair of sneekers, 1 pair of brown shoes, 1 pair of black, work shoes, and boots. Lynn has 10 pair of identical brown and black, .........Well, you know what I am saying.........I should rent a storage unit for her shoes........

Best regards to you and Miss V,

Terry

I consider myself a pretty regular guy and here's my current collection

black tuxedo

regular black

stylin brown moc-toe

brown deck shoes

big work boots

pretty hiking boots

tennis shoes- good ones for dates

tennis shoes- every day

tennis shoes- coup de grass

tennis shoes- ex coup de grass (nasty)

red chucks

moccasins

is this too many for a guy?

I consider myself a pretty regular guy and here's my current collection

black tuxedo

regular black

stylin brown moc-toe

brown deck shoes

big work boots

pretty hiking boots

tennis shoes- good ones for dates

tennis shoes- every day

tennis shoes- coup de grass

tennis shoes- ex coup de grass (nasty)

red chucks

moccasins

is this too many for a guy?

Big Mike why does a guy need more than 1pr. sneakers, 1pr work shoes, 1pr black shoes for weddings or funerals= 3 pairs TOPS...........more than enough foot coverings for men to own...............

michael, I have found that a wide variety that touches all genres works best for me.

k-swiss tennies, white - you could eat of em.

Addidas Superstars white- lawn duty

New Balance running shoes, gray - running and cycling

Wingtip Doc Martens, brown - going into there 4th seaslon.

Birkenstocks- essential

Numerous Allen Edmonds, all colors, formal, cas, inbetween, etc. (yes I dress 3 piece every day.

timberlan boots - dont ware em

hunting boots, some bad *** goretex buggies. worn twice.

nike sandles up the wazoo.

I Am sure I missed many, this is just the current rotation.

[:D]

In some ways, the possibility of what may lie ahead scares me, but life moves on. With a real relationship, you buy into the othe person completely, so to speak. You asked a simple question Michael, and I am writing a book here. The past three weeks have been torture for me as I have wrestled with a lot of these issues. (I have, actually, written page after page in getting my feelings out, trying to explain to some friends what is going on. It's helped me work through it)

If it's JUST companionship you want, I think it can still involve a lot of this.

I think I'll go make a pot of coffee now that it's morning. I don't like waking up to an empty house. I would trade it all in to have Barbara here now, but it just doesn't work that way, and life moves on.

Bruce

Bruce,

I'm a little surprised nobody commented on your post. I found it wonderful and thoughtful.

I think there are some here who are, or were, lucky enough to have a relationship like you had with Barbara, but I was always stricken by the depth of your love and commitment for each other. I seem to recall it was a relationship with "chapters" in it too. It just says more about you both.

It's the quiet moments for me, much like your 8 am trip to the coffee pot, that hone in on the loneliness of a single existence. Many love it and thrive on it. Not me. I used to live on the road 35 weeks a year as a sales professional. Now I'm home with my family (thank you, God) just about everyday and "they complete me." It would crush me to go back to that.

If I were in a similar situation to you, I would find it so hard to try again after all that you had with Barbara. Pretty scary stuff ... pretty vulnerable as you say. But the alternative is really much harder if you are presented with a choice.

Back to topic ...

I agree that there is much "stuff" that we have stuffed in our closets. My gear list is tiny compaired to some here, and I love music. I should go through the stuff in that attic and "thin the herd" because I'll probably croak before someone gets around to using it.

Maybe I'll put a list together. I've got some vinyl equipment in very nice shape that I probably won't be using again. I just don't have the right room setup for it.

For example:

Wright WPC-100C phono stage

Music Hall MMF-7

VPI HW-16.5

All low hours and lovingly cared for. Original packaging.

Haven't priced these lately but they were all bought new by me and have less than 100 hours probably.

Chris