beautiful early mahogany khorns for sale

funkyhambone

• 2 weeks later...

I am assuming these are 1961 Khorns--a matched pair!

I have a pair of consecutive numbered khorns from 1960 and I think most of you know a matched pair from this era is very rare--considering the cost of a pair of Klipschorns at the time, and the relative newness of two-channel stereo.

The advertised Khorns are type "C" (no riser between HF and bass bin) which ordinarily would be slightly less desirable than type "B"--but LOOK at these photos. Ribbon mahoghany--OMG, at least in the photos these look stunning and pristine!

I hope someone on the Forum jumps on these! Beautiful!!

best in horns,

triceratops

I sent an email asking what drivers where installed and if the xovers are original.

Have not got a response yet, but if anyone knows, please post.

Asking price is indicated as 2700.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

Haven't listened much yet, I have to get some foam or something to seal the rear because the closest I can get to the corners is within 3 1/2 inchs of the wall due to baseboard heat.

take the side grilles off and you should be able to snug them up to the corners. I have hot water heat here also.

M

Thanks!

Haven't listened much yet, I have to get some foam or something to seal the rear because the closest I can get to the corners is within 3 1/2 inchs of the wall due to baseboard heat.

Congratulations, Dean... those are beauties!

Baseboard heat? Heck, just tear it out and get more tubes!! [;)]