Selling my Klipsch and going vintage Altec

intotubes

I love my Cornwalls. They really have the "punch". Great quality and I drove a long ways to get them (passed through 2 states). They are in perfect shape. But...

I have become addicted to Altec Lansing. I need to sell my Cornwalls to fuel this thirsty habit. I am going to build some Model 19 clones and need some capital so it is with enormous regret that I put my CW's up for sale.

1986 BR. Lightly stained, no other finish. Veneered front edge. New tweeter diaphrams form B.Crites. Black grills. $900 no shipping. Pick up only from northern Colorado.

-Mark

post-18184-1381931129713_thumb.jpg

Mark, I enjoy reading this forum and rarely comment, since I don't own Klipsch. I own Altec Model 17's and have always felt that myself and those here on the Klipsch forum have very similar tastes in audio. I hope you will enjoy your Altecs as much as I love mine. They are pretty damn good speakers.

I know you won't have a hard time selling your Corns.

Steve

Mark, going into the vintage horn Altec and JBL is not wandering far from the Klipsch fold, and you will still be in the quality clover[:)]

Enjoy the trip and let us know about your experiences. There are a number of people on the forum whose speaker allotment span these and other significant lines. It is all music to the ears!

I love my Cornwalls. They really have the "punch". Great quality and I drove a long ways to get them (passed through 2 states). They are in perfect shape. But...

I have become addicted to Altec Lansing. I need to sell my Cornwalls to fuel this thirsty habit. I am going to build some Model 19 clones and need some capital so it is with enormous regret that I put my CW's up for sale.

1986 BR. Lightly stained, no other finish. Veneered front edge. New tweeter diaphrams form B.Crites. Black grills. $900 no shipping. Pick up only from northern Colorado.

-Mark

I feel for you. I hope you come to your senses soon[;)]

-Mark

I feel for you. I hope you come to your senses soon[;)]

Ditto.[;)]

I have the feeling the Lansing forum has claimed yet another horn lover.

Mark, you have made a great choice with the 19s. You will not look back. When driven correctly they will compete with the Khorn. Since you are building, think about an active crossover. This has been done by many with glowing results.

Mmmnnnnn .........

Model 19's ......

wise choice, Mark.................[:)]

Mark,

Or............ Mix and match........as seen in the pix to the left. Works for me.[:D]

Braced CW bins, 511b/902 mids, JWC Alcorn filters, CT125 tweet - to be replaced by JBL small cheeks, when afordable.......

tc

I have yet to see anyone here who sold their only CW's and NOT be sorry about the decision later. Make sure this is what you want. After all, what will you listen to while building those Altecs?

Michael

Michael, I have a pair of vintage Altecs stacked on top of my CW's now. The only thing the Altec's lack are the bass punch of the Cornwall. That's why I need to build a model with a 15" woof. The Altec model I have now use dual 12's and an 811. That's what sold me on Altec Lansing.

However, if I don;t sell them it's not a great loss. It's an awesome sounding stack now. I will miss the punch during the construction period.

Dylanl, although I am a member of audioheritage.com, they did not influence my decision too much. They prefer JBL over there. There are a few greenies but they are in the minority. What do you know going active? I would want to be careful not to stray too far from the Altec flavor.

Duke, I already have the LF drivers. When I get some $$ I will get the horns and equip them with 902's.

The original 19's have an odd original crossover design that I don't belive you will want to copy. There is a good passive crossover design out there. KCM from this forum is using an active crossover on his 19s now. He has had both. I hope to hear his set up again soon. I am seriously considering active after my last upgrade on the 19 crossover.