Fortes

tom b. 57

I was able to pick up the pair of Fotes that I told you guys about for $400.00. They weren't real happy about letting them go for that. They stalled out at $425.00 but I let them play themselves out before I reeled them in.They are damn near perfect. There is a chip of the walnut veneer missing off the front right edge where it must have seperated from the fiberboard (I attribute that to age), and broke off when the speakers were scooted on the carpet. The other speaker has the right top grill post broke off in the speaker, otherwise these things are perfect. I got home late last night so I didn't hook them up to old Bob Carver until this morning before work. I put on Jeff Beck Blow by Blow, wow these things sound fantastic. I don't think I'll be getting rid of them soon. You guys were right, they sound great. My room is small, they actually work better in this environment then the Cornwalls.

Tom

Ahh the beautiful Forte'

Congrats. I truly love my Walnut Forte's and, barring unforseen tragedy, will never part with them.

They aren't giants, size wise, but they are command a formidable prescence when compared with speakers that are being produced and sold today.

My one beef with Forte's has nothing to do with the sound. They are not the most aesthetically pleasing speaker in the klipsch line up with the grill off. They are very industrial looking IMO...No shiny woofers like the reference series, no modern clean lines, and the horns are very plain jane looking as well. The Forte 2 looks a little better sans grill than the Forte 1.

Again, congrats on a great purchase. You will not be disappointed.