Public Thank you to Thebes

rplace

While I am sure most of you know what a great guy Marty (Thebes) is. Not to mention how entertaining his writing can be. I wanted to take a minute to thank him for picking up a pair of Heresy IIs for me. Not only did the drive and pay for them on his dime until I could get a check in the mail, he stored them at Casa-de-Thebes for several months until our schedules meshed.

Last night he drove up to GaryMD's and I drove down. The switch was made and they look to be in great shape. Almost too nice for the garage...but not as nice as Picky's!

Had a all to brief conversation with Thebes and managed to take in some tunes on Gary's rig. Always a treat. Sorry about the mangling of the Vector arm! [:o] Glad to know I was not the first to man-handle the precision instrument. Send me the bill.

As an added bonus I got to meet Mike Lindsey. Nice meeting you Mike, always fun to meet new forum members. A great time was had by all.

Rumor has it Thebes, Mike and the twins are stopping by to pick up Scott's funky new (old) turntable. Man, that Marty is a selfless and gracious cat. Thanks again my friend!

BTW, nice work on Gary's dust cover. I think you could have a small business making those if you put your mind to it. Naw, time is too precious it would take away from your listening time.

As an added bonus I got to meet Mike Lindsey. Nice meeting you Mike, always fun to meet new forum members. A great time was had by all.

Rumor has it Thebes, Mike and the twins are stopping by to pick up Scott's funky new (old) turntable. Man, that Marty is a selfless and gracious cat. Thanks again my friend!

BTW, nice work on Gary's dust cover. I think you could have a small business making those if you put your mind to it. Naw, time is too precious it would take away from your listening time.

Hey Rich,

It was indeed a pleasure to meet you! Marty is truly a gracious host as well as a great guy, and I intend to return the favor if he ever makes it down to Central Florida. As a matter of fact that stands for any of you that come down this way.

I appreciate you lending me the half-speed mastered "Wish You Were Here" album, and will demo it against my German pressing in the next week or so. I'll be sure to give you my thoughts and will send it back to you.

Again, great to meet you and look forward to doing it again as soon as Larry can put another one of these together.

Mike

Edit: Oh yeah, I ordered the Classic release of Neil Young's Greatest Hits yesterday... hope it's as good as you say it is. [:P]

Mike,

No problem on the WYWH LP. Interested to see what you think. I really liked the euro-pressing of the Heart LP you brought.

Did you have a chance to spin the Sinatra LP I gave you? Not to shabby for something that is order then you...and that is old.[;)]

Aw, shucks o'goshen, now there ya be goin an making me blush.

Sure, as a bonfide Legend In My Own Mind, I expect these sorts of tributes as something along the the line of a "Divine Right".

Coming from Rich, however, I am truly humbled, because folks he is a major good guy.

Mike , it was a pleasure having you around and I hope the dustcover

fits. Let me know if you need the feet, because I forgot to give

them to you.

Rich, don't build your dustcover until you see my "How To" on how to build one which will be put up as soon as I have time.

One word of caution to all viewers. There is a snake in the

paradise of the Klipsch forum. Always be on the lookout for my

evil brother, the mad genius, Snidely Thebes.

He looks just like this:

post-14801-13819311580338_thumb.jpg

Mike,

No problem on the WYWH LP. Interested to see what you think. I really liked the euro-pressing of the Heart LP you brought.

Did you have a chance to spin the Sinatra LP I gave you? Not to shabby for something that is order then you...and that is old.[;)]

Spinning it now and it sounds marvelous! [:D]

Boy, this thing is very clean and quiet! Playing it in mono on the BBX and I must say I am impressed! Thanks again, man... I owe you one!

Mike

Mike , it was a pleasure having you around and I hope the dustcover fits. Let me know if you need the feet, because I forgot to give them to you.

Marty, the dustcover fits but we should have probably come in 1/8" on the width and the depth, as it fits right on the outer edges all the way around. [:D]

I'll get some pics here shortly and get them to you. Hang onto the feet for now and I'll see if I can come up with some felt for the corners.

Mike