Constant pain, with just a sprinkling of depression:

fini

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fini..... Sorry to be late to this thread but here goes. I ruptured my left achilles tendon when I was in my 20's (last century). Since then it has flared up on occassion to the point that I could not walk. Each time that occured the foot had to be immobilized for many months to allow the tendonitis to heal. They used a Bledsoe boot to do this. That's one of those plastic type boots you sling onto the foot/ankle/calf and secure with velcro straps. It does elevate that one leg so the other shoe needs to be augmented for height as well (or you'll get a really nasty backache). This boot allows walking but fixes the ankle joint so the angle remains immobilized. I worked 12 hour very busy hospital shifts using one so they're pretty effective.

Now this may not be all that will correct you problem. That bone spur may be a source of constant injury or irritation to that tendon. It may need to be removed. I'm unaware of exactly what a Podiatrist can or can not do but I do know that an orthopedic doctor can evaluate, diagnose and correct (if need requires) this situation. Since my initial injury was so traumatic I had to go directly to an emergency room. I never did work with a podiatrist and the ortho guy served me well 1st and every other time as well.

Your situation should have a cure. Pain control drugs are temporary and will not end it. Anti-inflammatories are not strong enough to do so either. G'it urself 2 an orthopedic doc ASAP! Best of luck my friend.

I start a month of physical therapy on Monday. The podiatrist says if that doesn't do it, he'll have to cast it. I did talk to my orthopedic doc (for another issue), and he suggested high heels. I may need help from Amy, or dtel's wife, as I can't remember what my shoes are supposed to color-match (My purse? My lipstick?? My tool belt???).

I'm getting tired of these 2-4 week incremental treatments. I might do better with a stub and a chunk of 4X4...

Hi fini,

I have a friend who has a buldging disk in his back that used to give him grief from time-to-time. He physical therapist gace him a set of exercises to do, which he has been doing faithfully for years now. Since then he has never had one problem..

Hopefully this will do the trick for you.

If not, may I suggest that you take note of your calf muscles. Heels will assentiate these and you may find it appropiate to wear a long skirt or if things look right, then a nice capris pant ensamble!

• Moderators

I start a month of physical therapy on Monday. The podiatrist says if that doesn't do it, he'll have to cast it. I did talk to my orthopedic doc (for another issue), and he suggested high heels. I may need help from Amy, or dtel's wife, as I can't remember what my shoes are supposed to color-match (My purse? My lipstick?? My tool belt???). I'm getting tired of these 2-4 week incremental treatments. I might do better with a stub and a chunk of 4X4...

Wow I can picture it now........... as far as the color match thing I guess it would depend on how you felt that day, some days it may be the purse some days the tool belt ?

Just remember keep it simple we wouldn't want the wife or daughters jealous, although don't be surprised if they want to borrow some of your stuff.

Well, I'm glad THAT'S over for today. She massaged the livin' crap out of my calf. Actually, she said it was lactic acid. I musta spilled milk on it, or something (I hear calves need milk). I'm wearing a steroid patch on my heel, too.

• Moderators

I start a month of physical therapy on Monday. The podiatrist says if that doesn't do it, he'll have to cast it. I did talk to my orthopedic doc (for another issue), and he suggested high heels. I may need help from Amy, or dtel's wife, as I can't remember what my shoes are supposed to color-match (My purse? My lipstick?? My tool belt???). I'm getting tired of these 2-4 week incremental treatments. I might do better with a stub and a chunk of 4X4...

Fini, the shoes, purse, lipstick and toolbelt should all color-match.

Or you could match just the shoes, purse and toolbelt.

Or you could match the purse and toolbelt and color coordinate the shoes and lipstick.

Or you could match the toolbelt and shoes and match the purse and lipstick.

BTW, will you be wearing barretts, ribbons or headbands in your hair. [*-)] On second thought after meeting you in Hope, you may not require barretts, ribbons or headbands.[;)]

Oh, and don't forget to shave your legs and underarms, and be sure to color coordinate the pantyhose with your "outfits".

And you guys wonder why it takes a woman so long to get dressed?

One more thing, Fini, what happened to the "birdhouse in your soul." ? It's sadly been replaced by ...