DVD error message?

Coytee

Bought a (new) dvd from Amazon. Arrived and put into dvd player. It gave me some kind of error message (I don't remember).

I took it upstairs & tried again on my pc, dvd drive. got same error. Tried in my pc's OTHER dvd player... same error.

Sent back to amazon as a defective disk.

New disk arrived today, same title.

Put into dvd player, got error saying something like "dvd needs cleaned"

hmm... brand new, out of box

Put it into pc dvd player and "disk not found". Put into OTHER pc dvd player and "disk not found"

I'm going to CALL the label tomorrow, but other than that...

Any freaking ideas on this issue?

• Moderators

Kind of had the same problem with a Steve Winwood DVD, went through 3 with the same problems on each disk. " Soundstage production "

They were from B Buy, had to return the third one and get something else, they were getting upset with me returning this DVD . To bad it was a good concert, seen it on Rave but can't seem to own it.

Are you sure the DVD has the correct region code? I think North America is code (1)

Don't know where I'd even go to look. Seeing as it's Art Garfunkel "Across America" and bought new (twice) from Amazon, I'd love to think it's good for our consumption.

I'm going to call the label today. I know they're going to have the attitude of "send it back to where you bought it" but it'll give me a chance to vent.

Are you sure the DVD has the correct region code? I think North America is code (1)

Don't know where I'd even go to look. Seeing as it's Art Garfunkel "Across America" and bought new (twice) from Amazon, I'd love to think it's good for our consumption.

I'm going to call the label today. I know they're going to have the attitude of "send it back to where you bought it" but it'll give me a chance to vent.

ART GARFUNKEL.??????? Oh My God, I guess I need to get down there and straighten you out. You are on the wrong path Brother Coytee.........it's not the DVD that is bad.....it's your Jubilee's telling your player NO.........I'll have to see if I can squeeze you in, and how soon..........Teenagers......GEEZ...........

Even in the PC's DVD drive you have problems. That's very strange. Can you open the disc, or does the comp. not even recognize that the DVD is in the drive?

I think if you call the label, they will not have an attitude, they may not be real helpful, but they'll probably try.

Even in the PC's DVD drive you have problems. That's very strange. Can you open the disc, or does the comp. not even recognize that the DVD is in the drive?

I think if you call the label, they will not have an attitude, they may not be real helpful, but they'll probably try.

Yeah, it said "no disk in drive". As I recall, it's the same error I had on the first disk (when in the pc) however, when in the regular dvd player, it had a different error. I don't recall the first disks error, but the second one says "disk dirty, needs cleaning" or something like that.

As far as calling them to vent, perhaps that didn't come out as well as it could. I will give them every chance to deal with this.

Perhaps Bambi (Old Buckster) is right... However, he needs to understand I will crank Deep Purple up, or I'll put in a piano solo. Maybe he needs to get in touch with his feminine side... [6]

In touch with his femine side.......Bambi..........????????? Where is this coming from......Bad Day????? Kinda mean on your part........I'm hurt by those comments......Sorry I answered the post...Gee......maybe you should stop using Burned DVD's and buy NEW ones........EH ???? I need to go lick my wounds.....DICK........[;)]

here's the answer

Hi Richard-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Im sorry that you are having trouble with the DVD. We have encountered a run of the DVDs that have an error on them preventing them from playing.

I would be happy to send you a new copy that I can assure you will work.

Please send me your mailing address and I will put it in the mail ASAP.

Thanks and sorry again for the trouble.

How about that.

here's the answer

Hi Richard-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Im sorry that you are having trouble with the DVD. We have encountered a run of the DVDs that have an error on them preventing them from playing.

How about that.

Well sounds like they knew about it, think about it, you sell 3500 bad DVDs for wholesale at $10 at a cost of $4. It would cost you another $6 per DVD to recall, so you let it be. Only 50% complain so you send another 1750 out at a cost of $4 a piece and still make a profit. SHWEET. The question you should ask yourself, are those 1750 DVDs good?

here's the answer

How about that.

Well sounds like they knew about it, think about it, you sell 3500 bad DVDs for wholesale at $10 at a cost of $4. It would cost you another $6 per DVD to recall, so you let it be. Only 50% complain so you send another 1750 out at a cost of $4 a piece and still make a profit. SHWEET!