Best day ever!! Yeehaw

TheEAR

Best day ever,yes that was way back,now the wait fo an ever better day has begun. The JL Gotham and Danley DTS20 ...these to will be ordered in June next year. I am having one room redone,just to cope with what will be the most subwoofage in the galaxy. I will contact SoundBroker a few months before,just too see how much shipping will be on that monster.

The JL will not be a lightweight either,at over 300lbs!

I will have ten 15AMP circuits in there and four 20AMP ones. Man life is an energy sucker. [:o]

What can I say,from now on only the best will do. I saw some members on AVS with ubber bass sytems,TheEAR cannot let anyone run away with the subsonic crown.

Cool now all you need is a Krell MRS at 400lbs., and a Genelec HTS6 weighing in at 265. Once you get these two as well you'll have everything! Oh ya and you'll need a Submersive too, the specs on this Sub look impressive. I think the Submersive and F113 would go head to head.

Once you have all these you will have all my dream subs top 5 list. Without having heard and only owning one out of the six of them, these rating are purely speculation, based on specs and some other reviews of these sub, I would say this probabley would be the order they would finish in.

1. Krell MRS

2. Gotham

3. DTS-20

4. Genelec HTS6

5. Tie F113 with the Submersive: The F113 beating in sound quality, tightness etc., but the Submersive beating it in SPL and extending lower.

Please TheEAR hurry up and get all these so I won't have to speculate any longer!!!!

Cool now all you need is a Krell MRS at 400lbs., and a Genelec HTS6 weighing in at 265. Once you get these two as well you'll have everything! Oh ya and you'll need a Submersive too, the specs on this Sub look impressive. I think the Submersive and F113 would go head to head.

Once you have all these you will have all my dream subs top 5 list. Without having heard and only owning one out of the six of them, these rating are purely speculation, based on specs and some other reviews of these sub, I would say this probabley would be the order they would finish in.

1. Krell MRS the krell mrs uses tcsounds tc2000 subwoofers, mind you there are the tc3000, the lms4000, lms4100, and the lms5400 now its an outdated system

2. Gotham we'll see

3. DTS-20

4. Genelec HTS6

5. Tie F113 with the Submersive: The F113 beating in sound quality, tightness etc., but the Submersive beating it in SPL and extending lower.

Please TheEAR hurry up and get all these so I won't have to speculate any longer!!!!

you forgot to mention the now defunct wilson audio XS, the velodyne 1812, the defunct svs pb 4, the defunct acoustic visions everest, etc etc

Jay,

Based only on my experience with the f113,the GOTHAM will be in the super sub category. It is as potent(in the worst case)as TWO f113's! Output will increase by almost 6dB! The Krell MRA,I wonder who has any experience with one,I never met anyone online who really tested one,even on AVS !

Dual TC2000 15" woofers get outdisplaced by dual modded W7's found in the Gotham. I have a feeling the $9000 Gotham bests the Krell MRS that sells for ...$30000! Or in the worst case comes very close. The claimed 3" of travel by Krell on the woofers is more exagerated than the 4" claim on the modded W7. Seriously the Krell's woofers probably reach around 2-2.4" of travel before amp controller limits the custom monster amp(reaching close to thermal on the VC). JL's woofers can reach an honnest 3" of travel with ease. I tested my Fathom f113 with my subwoofer killer ... Pomp & Pipes (Reference Recordings)...OH damn I wish I made a video.The cone flies back and forth like in some ubber SPL car shows! ...It gets damn loud...ears hurt no joke.

Now JL needs to release an 18" version,with a true 4" of cone travel.For the bass challenged. Slap a sticker of $1500 on the woofer and ME VOILA

Jay,

Based only on my experience with the f113,the GOTHAM will be in the super sub category. It is as potent(in the worst case)as TWO f113's! Output will increase by almost 6dB! The Krell MRA,I wonder who has any experience with one,I never met anyone online who really tested one,even on AVS !

Dual TC2000 15" woofers get outdisplaced by dual modded W7's found in the Gotham. I have a feeling the $9000 Gotham bests the Krell MRS that sells for ...$30000! Or in the worst case comes very close. The claimed 3" of travel by Krell on the woofers is more exagerated than the 4" claim on the modded W7. Seriously the Krell's woofers probably reach around 2-2.4" of travel before amp controller limits the custom monster amp(reaching close to thermal on the VC). JL's woofers can reach an honnest 3" of travel with ease. I tested my Fathom f113 with my subwoofer killer ... Pomp & Pipes (Reference Recordings)...OH damn I wish I made a video.The cone flies back and forth like in some ubber SPL car shows! ...It gets damn loud...ears hurt no joke.

Now JL needs to release an 18" version,with a true 4" of cone travel.For the bass challenged. Slap a sticker of $1500 on the woofer and ME VOILA

The tcsounds can hit an honest 3 inches when pushed but disortion will be like the w7 and the 4 inch claimed so..... since the jl is 13 inches and the tc is 15 its a throwup.

The thing with the Krell MRS is the fact you pay for the expensive amplifer. The amp is 2600 watts of class A I believe. That is the whole thing, the aluminum casing is also a heatsink to dissapate the 2600 watts.......... Also the Krell MRS first release did not have the auto eq and now it does. But also the fact that the Krell MRS is 5 years old and the matching KMA are not made anymore may say they will not continue it further or upgrade to tcsounds newer subwoofers. I argue the fact that they use 2600 watt class A amp to power such a beast when a Class D or class G digital or pro sound amp is more than adequate in thd and floor noise. Also the Krell MRS is very very very equalized sub to develop a flat claimed 120 db @ 20 hertz. But then again what sub isn't? Also that spec claim is in room corner loaded which means really 102 db 1/2 space....... for the sub.

BTW I don't doubt that two jl f113 or the gotham can compete easily with the krell mrs. Subwoofer have become alot better in 5 years. TCsounds just upped the stakes a lot as of late.

Just a quick question, why would there be duct tape on the vent for the pole piece on the MRS?

The is a unit in assembly,they want to avoid anything ends in there(there should be a fine grill inside the vent). A precaution,they would not block this opening.Before the final cover goes on it is removed.

Jay,

Krell reference sub could not use a plate amp,would not be right.A reference class product uses a custom amp nobody else has. It is not just mere SPL here,but all around built and attantion to the detail.

The amps used by Klipsch,SVS,HSU,Velodyne are fine but pale in comparison when you look at JL Audio,Revel(the outboard amp in the reference series) and Krell.These could stand as real showpieces alone.

And these ubber products have something that says LOOK AT ME and MATCH THIS BUILT and COMPONENTS. And this is what I and many apreciate when we pay the extra,we get theb extra mile you will NEVER find in budget components.

This I do not know(about JL making the amps in house),one thing I know is all JL subwoofer drivers are thier design and they manufacture them.Subcontracting,almost all companies do this besides Dynaudio and Paradigm,as they make ALL in house,down to the logos!

JL produced the amps in house it is shown in the gotham videos awhile ago.

Also What is the point if you put a 2600 watt class a amp if you cannot hear the difference between that and a 2600 watt pro amp? It is sort of nonsense when you put something that is better than what you can physically percieve. Like a 1000 lb torque car that has soo much power that a 400lb torque car can whip because the 400 lb torque car can actually put it to the ground.

kyle richards from acoustic-visions has sold I believe a handful. they can be quite musical as the tumult drivers were not bad in version 1 now version 2-3 is awful though. The everest was more or less a one off item from a small company just like the gotham is to jl, they probably sell 10-100 more f113 to one gotham.