New Gear Arrived Today

BEC

OK, somewhere in there I think I can get a couple of inputs and outputs working. Dang, does anyone actually hook up something to all of those? Bob

BOB,

lampcord?

Clarence

I prefer to call it zip cord.

Bob

post-9312-138193141007_thumb.jpg

Isn't that like an HT receiver -- it may come preset to run with a sub. Check to make sure the mains are set to 'large'. If set to 'small' then you're not hearing anything below 80Hz.

Maybe it's just not broken in yet.:)

Dean,

Yeah, see above. Subwoofer was on.

Bob

Dee,

Yeah, and I think I have enough zip cord and speakers here in this room to hook something up to most of them. Don't know about the arrangement of the speakers. I don't see any setting for speakers piled in the corner.

Bob

I use that same Carol branded lamp cord (I call it ZipCord as well but many times get blank stares in return)...I have tried some of the higher priced stuff but scratch my head as to why it is better...picked up some of that Mon$ter stuff on closeout at Radio Shack (as cheap as the Carol ZipCord) and like the quality of the jacket better (seeming quality, it is very pliable) and it came with pin connectors to give a try to...not sure I dig them...can't seem to get the terminals on the newer speakers to lock down on them...but...glad to see Bob get excited about... something...[;)]

Bill

I am a bit excited about the digital amps. I have been using smaller versions (lower power ones) like the Teac and another Griffin that I have had for years. I like the way those small ones do some music, but was not happy with the way they did bass. This 100 WPC Panasonic seems to have no limitiations in that area so far. It can deliver that nice "thump" to the chest when the music's bass calls for it. That was missing from the lower power digital amps I have tried.

Bob Crites