Best Buy Magnolia carries RF 82

RM1111

How about Martin Logan Clarities to boot.

I went in to the Tulsa Magie store not to long ago to audition the Logans to broaden my sonic appreciation. Grant it that everything was powered by Pioneer Elites and it was Best Buy. The Martin Logans really did produce the "wall of sound" that everyone claims they do. Im thinking ok, thats not bad, not bad at all but oh wait.... whats that on the other side of the room... Could it be, Klipsch Reference? In a Best Buy store? Nagh.

Sure enough it was the RF 82's. So I popped in the exact same cd I was auditioning on the Martin Logans, same track and BAM, the wall of sound that the Logans created was crushed by the storm the 82's produced. My jaw hit the floor when the salesman stated he liked the Logans instead. I guess some people are born deaf. Went home later that day and smiled when I turned on my system [:D]

I posted about a month or two ago all the speakers that Magnolia had. Yes they do push Definition Audio, which was strange. They probably receive a decent payback for selling them.

Since you do work at best buy, you should also know that in some stores, they do have the Magnolia Home Audio stores inside of them. There is one by my house in Toledo and they actually carry some of the Klipsch Reference line. They only carry the RF-82, RF-62, RC-62, RS-42, RB-51, and the subwoofers RW-12D and RW-10D. Not bad, but their cost is exactly what the prices are on Klipsch.com. Hopefully an independant dealer can bring those costs down a bit.

The Indianapolis, IN, Ovation Audio store is selling the RF 83's buy one- get one Free..............Wish I had the cash..........

That's why charge cards were invented, Bill!

Did you know MarkMaple has a pair of Dean Hot-rodded RF7's for sale? He's in Fort Wayne- I could help you with the transfer/storage if you want.

M

kE1A,

Your the second person that has ask me this......... I thought Klipsch did not authorize the sale of "B Stock" thru Authorized dealers........

To answer your question- I don't know..........You might call your local Ovation in Lexington and find out. Let us know.

kE1A,

Your the second person that has ask me this......... I thought Klipsch did not authorize the sale of "B Stock" thru Authorized dealers........

To answer your question- I don't know..........You might call your local Ovation in Lexington and find out. Let us know.

I was at the Ovation stores up in Indy, and in Cincinatti a few weeks ago, and the salesman told me they were getting ready to have a sale on the RF-63, of which he said was going to be B stock, mainly cosmetic issues but came with full warranty. He said they are usually in cherry but sometimes there are a few in black, since the black is harder to detect cosmetic issues with. I believe the sale was essentially buy 1 get 1 free, but that was with the 63 model.

• 8 months later...