WOW Theater...

IndyKlipschFan

Give me a toga, some pillows, and my woman and I'm there!

Phil... My kinda man!!! hahahahaha

The next question is this, what do we watch on that big screen too? Some things, I have learned, really should not be that big for viewing.. hahahahahaha

Some of the themed theaters, your right, after a while I would think would get old or dated. One of my favorites from the CEDIA book winners was a space theme. Trust me, take in your mind a sci fi movie of your choice or even someone went as far as a Star Trek fanatics to duplicate the control bridge as his HT.

Crazy Yes.. But Fun.

I found some info on him too. Pretty impressive, right place at the right time, and smart too! And all of 35 years old too! WOW....

Stephen Jenkins

Jenkins1.jpg

Member Year: 1996
Birth Date: February 21, 1971

Company: Jenkins Holdings LLC.
Title: CEO

Biography:
Steve Jenkins was born in Melbourne, Australia in 1971 and moved with his family to Portland, Oregon in 1978. From 1990 to 1992, he served a two-year volunteer mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Bordeaux, France. Steve received a BA from Brigham Young University in 1994, and an MBA with emphases in Marketing and Entrepreneurship from BYUs Marriott School of Management in 1996.

In 1994, while still a student, Steve founded Jenesys LLC., an Internet media company that creates content-based Web sites, including the popular WinFiles.com (formerly Windows95.com) Web site. Steve sold the WinFiles site in February 1999 to CNET, Inc. in February 1999 for $11.5 million in cash.

In 1996, a few months before graduating with his MBA, Steve and fellow BYU student Jeremy Young co-founded Web hosting provider Virtual Servers LLC (also known as Vservers). Steve served as CEO and President, then later as Chairman. Following graduation, Steve and his business partner moved the company to Seattle, WA and merged with LightRealm Communications, a leading Internet service provider. LightRealm and Vservers were sold in December 1999 to Micron Electronics for $48.5 million in cash.

Steve has also worked as a Product Manager for Microsoft Corporation's Internet Platforms and Tools Division, and worked during his MBA internship as an Internet Project Manager for Times Mirror Publishing. While at BYU, he was an active member of A.C.E. (the Association of College Entrepreneurs), and was selected as BYUs Student Entrepreneur of the Year in 1996.

In August 2001, Steve co-founded and launched the CheatCodes.com Web site, which publishes video game tips, tricks, and strategy guides for all the leading game systems. He currently serves as CEO - Cheat Executive Officer.

Steve enjoys speaking on technology, business, and entrepreneurship for organizations around the world, and serves on a number of technology-related task forces for a variety of educational, governmental, and private organizations. He is a regular guest lecturer at BYU, the University of Washington, and the Academy for Creating Enterprise in Cebu, Philippines. He is a Platinum Founder and Board Member of the BYU Entrepreneur Founders, and serves on the board for the BYU Center for eBusiness. Steve has established the Jenkins Professorship of Entrepreneurship in Technology at the Marriott School, as well as 4 student scholarships through the Center for eBusiness. He resides in Washington State and is the father of two daughters.

well like it or not, its bad a$$. check out all his gear.

he's got the money so why not. i dam sure would have something like that,

with 1 more thing

just add 1 more icon on the remote so the chairs would move & my bed come up from the under floor right into the sweet spot.

thus becoming my bedroom

For once, I find myself speechless. [:S]

For those of you who are familiar with my theater, you know that I prefer a more contemporary approach to HT design. But, this theater is done on a much loftier level (and budget) as compared with mine.

Despite the fact that this design looks to me like a place where Caligula might hold one of his orgies, it remains a magnificent example of HT passion, design and execution at its best, despite the fact that it was accomplishing using professionals. It's the end results that matters most to me. It's obvious the owner shares the same passion we all share here for design, performance and accuracy. There is nothing wrong with that!

I see that his theater was also featured in 'Audio Video Interiors Magazine': September 2003. Our own appeared in June of 2006. Note: 'Audio Video Interiors' used to be a free-standing publication, but it is now a supplement inside of 'Home Theater Magazine'.

Major props to the owner, his designer and their construction crew! Thanks to INDY for calling our attention to this unbelieveable accomplishment. -Glenn