3. Cant you hear me Knocking

4. You got the Silver

5. Country Honk

6. Brown Sugar

7. Dead Flowers

8. You Cant always get what you want

9. Its only Rock and Roll

10. Gimmie Shelter

5 of my top 10 come from Let it Bleed....hmmm best Stones Album IMHO...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top 10:

1. Live with me

2. Miss You

3. Cant you hear me Knocking

4. You got the Silver

5. Country Honk

6. Brown Sugar

7. Dead Flowers

8. You Cant always get what you want

9. Its only Rock and Roll

10. Gimmie Shelter

5 of my top 10 come from Let it Bleed....hmmm best Stones Album IMHO...

LET IT BLEED is one of my favorite Albums...................Great song list...and sorry to say, First work after Brian Jones departure....Brian had to go, such a big call at that moment in their career, had to be a hard thing to do............but they never looked back....and it gave the world a look at NEW Stones Guitarist..............Mick Taylor.........and now the Ride Begins.............................

Well, it's 3 am in North Country New York...quiet, and peaceful, and this thread has kinda slowed down...............So, I will take the time to throw this out there;

If you have never seen The Stones and would like to get a taste of a Stones show, give this a try; FOUR FLICKS, the only place to buy it is best buy, I believe it lists for $29.95, have seen it as low as $19.95 on sale.................even at full price it is a steal........3 different type venues, 3 different type shows, An Arena show...........A stadium show..........and a Club show, my favorite...plus a fourth disc of material.......Me, I like the Madison Square Garden show just fine. That is where they belong....The Greatest Stage in the World.....if you make it to Madison Square Garden, you've made it.......I won't break each show down,I already have taken over this thread, I'm Sorry about stealing this thread, but hey, no one else is using it......The stadium show is a Classic Greatest Hits show.......A band that has been around this long is always playing Greatest Hits, the fans want it anyway.............They are the Masters of the Big Stadium Show......and last but not least...........The Club show. This allows them to play old songs they will not do otherwise, back to their Roots, if you will, the music they built their career on.....they do a version of LOVE TRAIN on here that is what Mick can do best sing with heart and soul....these guys have it all covered.............They are the Ultimate Bar Band that made it to the top....they have never forgotten their Roots.........Take a chance, give it a look...............This is for the guy on the fence, I like the Stones, but.................or the Die Hard fan like me........If you truly dislike The Stones, this will not change anything, some folks just don't like them.........period, but the rest of you...........CHECK IT OUT........you just might like it.......

AGAIN, Sorry for hijacking the thread............Not much in this world excites the OLDBUCKSTER.................but these guys do..............." Thank you for your wine California......Thank you for your sweet and bitter fruit"

You guys have hit some of the top songs, but I'd like to add, from my own peculiar tastes:

2000 Light Years from Home

Brown Sugar

We Love You

Sister Morphine

Gimme Shelter

Street Fighting Man

I dunno about 10, there's like a bazillion great Stones Songs, yeah and seen them live three times. It's an experience.

M

Mike there are so many...........Picking TEN ALBUMS would be easier;

!. Out of Time

2. She's Like a Rainbow

3. RESPECTABLE

4. Melody.............with Bro. Billy Preston......hard to pick them apart when they sing together

5. No Expectations

6. Some Girls

7. Waiting on a Friend

8. Rip this Joint

9. Indian Girl

10. Winning Ugly

The Last of the Breed.............I am thankful I got to watch their career from start and hopefully to the End.............What a great period of time for Rock and Roll..........

it's just not been the same since Bill left.

M

Really, what makes you say that? Mr. Jones adds a certain Funkyness that Bill didn't have...........Bill Wyman did a fine job, is a great Bassists, but he really didn't like life on the road.............the is a disc out called "Jump Back", I believe it to be European Greatest Hits type package, and all songs have Bill on Bass Guitar.............I'm tellin' ya, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman were a solid Rhythm Section that just sat there and fueled the rest of the Band.................I hope I don't bore or rub people the wrong way on this subject. I have 40 plus years invested growin' up, following their careers, listening and enjoying their musical taste and changes , their up's and their downs, their good albums, their bad albums, the many Great tours, and the tours you would like to forget....they are to me, my Grateful Dead,...............that is why I do get wound up with Stones talk.....I for one, would never change the period of time that I (suppossedly) grew up in....what a great time to be a fan of Rock Music......1965 thru 1975...What a decade of change........" I was raised on ROCK......I got the feelin' in my soul".......................OLDBUCKSTER GONE......................

I always thought Bill was a little stiff, but he is a good blues bassist. From his interviews its clear he loves blues music and gives credit to the prior generation of blues musicians as being a major inspiration who never achieved the success of the Stones. Plus he had really good taste in very young women.

It wasn't Bill's playing or stage demeanor, but when he left it seemed like a good time for them all to pack it in. I don't think anything they've put out or toured has been up to snuff in the past decade or so.

BTW, check out Bill's memoirs on the road in 'Stone Alone' it's a good read.

Michael

It wasn't Bill's playing or stage demeanor, but when he left it seemed like a good time for them all to pack it in. I don't think anything they've put out or toured has been up to snuff in the past decade or so.

BTW, check out Bill's memoirs on the road in 'Stone Alone' it's a good read.

Michael

Never seeing the Stones until the last two tours might be the Best Thing for me; I would not be disappointed with their show's of the 70's and 80's that from what I read, could be awful, just poor performances from the Band. You watch them on stage now, and they seem to enjoy themselves, smilin' and goofin' around in between songs. A professional Rock and Roll Band.......their song long list is so long ,how do you pick what songs to sing, to leave out.....but they do give you a show, and a plate full of songs. I realize, better than most, it's been 20+ years or more since they released an kinda' great album, they haven't....they probably never will...those days are over, but singin' the Classics never gets old........People want to hear them.......they like to play 'em..........They are not an OLD Rock Band...................They are a Rock Band full of Old Guys...................Bill Wyman did what Bill Wyman wanted.............off the road......He never liked it...Tours getting longer and longer, he had enough of that life style....called it a Day....Good for him.....

For my 10 songs I'll just take Love Ya Live,maybe swap a couple songs on Sticky Fingers.The Stones are a great band,I would pay $50 to see em',at a club,if I don't have to play any games and they don't rush through every song like it's a job(I know,ain't happenin').I wish em' well and hope they keep on keepin' on.