Your Top Ten �Rolling Stone� Songs

jacksonbart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy it is really hard for me to sit on the sideline with this thread, but I just have to throw this out there............................

Any Rolling Stones work that includes MICK TAYLOR is Classic, as good as Ronnie Wood is, and he is GOOD, their most productive times are with Mick Taylor......What a great talented Guitarist the young man was (is)..................Listen to the Sweet Solo's...Keith is rough, edgy, almost unskilled, then Mick steps up Smooth as silk, just beautiful Guitar work.......Their finest work is with Mick Taylor, I will argue that point to my grave.............Twin Lead Guitars....most people miss that point........Please forgive me for jumping in like this.............I can't help it......It has taken me along time to appreicaite such talent.............after all I did kinda' grow-up with these guys.....Remember they write, they produce, they manage their own careers, have their own record label, still Sell-out world wide Concerts, Brain Jones died, Bill Wyman retired, Keith Is still alive...............What can I tell Ya?????????

"Make every song you sing, Your favorite tune"...................

They just played here in Austin a couple of weeks ago and I had to work. They were one of the few bands I wanted to see live.

My friend went and said they sounded great!

Oh well you cant always get what you want, etc, etc.

My list would have most of the songs already listed but in no particular order just as long as I get a Stones fix I'm happy!

Werner........you guys into the Stones? They play in Germany alot don't they? They are the Ultimate Bar Band that made it Big....................They have their own STYLE of Rock and Roll......There is NO style of Music they can't play................40 plus years of making Music, pretty unbelievble....................and when all is said and done...............They did it their way.....OFTEN IMITATED..........NEVER DUPLICATED...............

I had never seen them at all.....Have had the honor of seeing the last two tours...The forty Licks Tour at Gillette Stadium....first time...WOW......and last December, they played the small Pepsi Arena in Albany New York, and again I was honored to be in that arena....Forget the Studio albums............the Live Stage is where they shine, put them in the middle of a crazed crowd, they will show you what a Rock and Roll Band is all about, Stood the whole show, sang every song they sang, danced by my seat, did not care what I looked like, how I sounded, for alittle over two hours I was a KID still, age meant nothing, The Stones were Rockin the House.............GOD IT FELT FINE....it took me 40 years to see them, and it was worth the wait................Don't be fooled by age......they can play their instruments quite well now........Keith and Woody rip on Guitars.......Mick never stands still, always in motion........Charlie Watts, Rock Solid on the Drums.......and their usual cast of characters...to include on SAX Mr. Bobby Keyes..................What a show, what a Band, A must see show.........Don't tell me they are too old......Anyone ever tell B.B.KING he is too old to play his music?.....Think Not........The End is near I know this, so if you've ever wanted to see them, you must..........don't cheat yourself...GO BE A KID AGAIN, even if it's for just a couple of hours..................Sorry, I get alittle carried away..It's only Rock and Roll......................EH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sympathy for the Devil

Boudoir Stomp (with Ry Cooder on the Jammin with Edward LP)

Blow with Ry (with Ry Cooder on the Jammin with Edward LP)

Turd on the Run (Exile on Main Street)

Ventilator Blues (Exile on Main Street)

Satisfaction (original 63' 45rpm cut)

Hear Me Knocking... Of course!!!

Rest depends on (1) quantity and quality of the beer.... and (2) my wife's mood to tolerate the volume required to make it sound right....

Nice thread JB, I actually got your CeeDees in the mail today!!!!!!

And in this particular order[;)]

Honky Tonk Woman

Sympathy for the Devil

Paint it Black

Midnight Rambler

Sway

You Got to Move

Wild Horses

Angie

Ventilator Blues

Sweet Neo Con

*****[;)]