Pure madness Anybody in for a little challenge?

TheEAR

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget protective glasses if you are doing any welding.

Don't forget oxygen if you are doing any diving.

Don't forget a parachute if you are doing any flying.

Don't forget a life preserver if you are doing any swimming.

Don't forget a napkin if you are doing any eating.

Don't forget a towel if you are doing any bathing.

Don't forget a trowel if you are doing any concrete work.

I'm

gonna cry cause you make fun of mee!!!

WAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAH!!![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

theear actually it can be very bad since the formaldehyde they use in the binder is a known carcinogen and by breathin in the dust you get the fine particles trapped in your lungs. Wear a mask

Now you scare me serious,I wortked for two F days...I have to say the work space is 50ft wide x 60ft long x 15ft high = 45000 cubic feet. If I die of MDF dust inhalation then may I rest in MDF pieces...[:$]

Wow today I purchased a quality pro mask set for dust,...$45 plus eye protection $10. A little can save my lungs...damn I am a cheap bastard! I spend $1700 on tools in three days and do not want to spend a measly $55 on vital protection!

I have purchased a top of the line DeWalt router,jig saw,orbital sander and from Makita a edger,circular saw,from Miliwakee a cordless drill ($350) and a Makita rechargable top of the line cordless screw/bolt driver...$400. Plus $350 worth of clamps from 4" to 48".

I can now build anything...even my coffin! LOL

Oh here some pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are going in...

Posted Image

The cat approves the choice of modest 15" drivers,should beat a KSW-10! [:P]

Posted Image

Ear, I am jealous of you craftsmanship. I built the crappiest boxes

ever for some Cerwin Vega VMAG 693s. But at the same time, they were

the first boxes I've ever built, the table saw we have doesn't cut

straight, and I didn't have a working drill press to drill holes for

screws, so I ended up piling a bunch of scraps on top of pieces as the

glue dried. As a result of that, the pieces didn't glue together

straight. The worst part of all though, is that one box had a gap

between the baffle and the end of the box so large, I had to fill it

with popsicle sticks and lots of glue. To add insult to injury (not

really injury) the boxes were so small, there was no bass and I have

ended up cutting the back entirely off one box in an effort to make it

as close to freeair as possible, which did help quite a bit. The boxes

were like, .2 cu ft too.

LOL

You should see my first projects way back...I did open back speakers. Large panels and two cubes for bass.Worked quite well but looked funny.All drivers picked up from large tube stereos people thew out! I was a GARBAGE PICKER...the days of the BMX bike and riding during garbage day to look for drivers(even found some Blaupunkt and other units ...had maybe over 60 or even more ) .

Well there is a start ...now with all the tooling I have,no excuse to botch up the job.

theear actually it can be very bad since the formaldehyde they use in the binder is a known carcinogen and by breathin in the dust you get the fine particles trapped in your lungs. Wear a mask

Now you scare me serious,I wortked for two F days...I have to say the work space is 50ft wide x 60ft long x 15ft high = 45000 cubic feet. If I die of MDF dust inhalation then may I rest in MDF pieces...[:$]

Wow today I purchased a quality pro mask set for dust,...$45 plus eye protection $10. A little can save my lungs...damn I am a cheap bastard! I spend $1700 on tools in three days and do not want to spend a measly $55 on vital protection!

I have purchased a top of the line DeWalt router,jig saw,orbital sander and from Makita a edger,circular saw,from Miliwakee a cordless drill ($350) and a Makita rechargable top of the line cordless screw/bolt driver...$400. Plus $350 worth of clamps from 4" to 48".

I can now build anything...even my coffin! LOL

Oh here some pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are going in...

Posted Image

The cat approves the choice of modest 15" drivers,should beat a KSW-10! [:P]

Posted Image

Looks like you are ready to screw and sand your brains out.

I'm gonna cry cause you make fun of mee!!! WAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAH!!![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Please don't be offended. I do not discriminate as to who I make fun of. You were just such an easy target I couldn't resist.

We're making fun, fun, fun until her daddy takes the t-bird away.

It works just fine though Jay, you just absolutely HAVE to predrill,
and maybe countersink if you want it to look a little better.

EAR:
You are lucky, I wish I could go around finding speakers in the
garbage, but there is no such chance for me. Also, I thought Blaupunkt
was crap. I know their new stuff is, their new car audio at least. I've
heard it many times at the local Fry's and it really stinks.

you don't really want to use screws on mdf...

Glue and well positioned clamps are the way.And for Drivers countersunk and using bolts to hold big drivers,no wood screws...even my binding posts will be countersunk...and all braces...rounded to limit turbulence.Plus the edges of the cabinet...all rounded.

These will make commercial cabinets look and feel like cardboard. Save for the Gotham cabinet,so solid and inert no MDF cabinet can compete(made out of many layers of fiberglass and glues).

Glue and well positioned clamps are the way.And for Drivers countersunk and using bolts to hold big drivers,no wood screws...even my binding posts will be countersunk...and all braces...rounded to limit turbulence.Plus the edges of the cabinet...all rounded.

These will make commercial cabinets look and feel like cardboard. Save for the Gotham cabinet,so solid and inert no MDF cabinet can compete(made out of many layers of fiberglass and glues).

cough solid aluminum krell mrs

It works just fine though Jay, you just absolutely HAVE to predrill, and maybe countersink if you want it to look a little better.

EAR: You are lucky, I wish I could go around finding speakers in the garbage, but there is no such chance for me. Also, I thought Blaupunkt was crap. I know their new stuff is, their new car audio at least. I've heard it many times at the local Fry's and it really stinks.

Looks like you are ready to pre-drill, glue and sand your brains out.

Screws pry the layers apart, I have had predrilled and countersunk holes. Even a misplaced staple will spread the layers apart. Best approach is to have all the pieces mitred, glue and clamp. Most good cabinet shops can do this for you.

Looks like you are ready to mitre, pre-drill, countersink, sand, glue and clamp your brains out.

Looks like you are ready to mitre, pre-drill, countersink, bolt, sand, glue and clamp your brains out.