Pure madness Anybody in for a little challenge?

TheEAR

TheEAR: for just under 3 large Canadian, you too can have dual LMS 5400 18" and 4 passives like me. And I was serious, if you want a flat packed enclosure, let me know..... email is mhurd77 at Gmail dot com. I am replicating the Beast MKIV, I have not gotten ahold of the cabinet maker yet. I may depending on quote choose to DIY the enclosure, but this requires me buying a good router, and some bits.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheEAR: for just under 3 large Canadian, you too can have dual LMS 5400 18" and 4 passives like me. And I was serious, if you want a flat packed enclosure, let me know..... email is mhurd77 at Gmail dot com. I am replicating the Beast MKIV, I have not gotten ahold of the cabinet maker yet. I may depending on quote choose to DIY the enclosure, but this requires me buying a good router, and some bits.

No problem Michael,

Well there is ...even if you findsomeone to EXCTLY replicate..even improve the on cabinet.Shipping would be a major...pain. It is huge. Drivers...less of a problem.

Best thing is to have the cabinet built locally.I could even build one as I have resources here,will I...? I would have to invest some good time...

Arthur

TheEAR, I have a lot of hardwood pallets handy, and access to a a banding machine. I was talking about a knock down version ( precut ) that you assemble there. My cabinet maker can cut duplicates for hardly more than cutting one set, as all the setup work is done. I visited him tonight, he is working out of town for the next two weeks and has a few projects on the go ahead of me.

Michael,

I would be 100% more than iterested in pre cut version. Again the shipping weight would be almost the same,but save me all the cutting. Two 18" LMS-5400 and four 18" TC Sounds PR's...$2600-3000 (with shipping to Canada)...a big Crown amp 1000-$1500. Around $5000 including all else...finishing.

Sounds good to me. I am ordering dual TC-3000 15" woofers for a sealed project,around $950 including shipping(two TC-3000 to Montreal Canada...)plus $1000 for the amp.... In the end it will be under $2500.

High performance DIY is not cheap but matches commercial subs priced four-five times higher,sometimes having no real competition.This to me is great value.

Now that's truly hard core. I've never even heard of someone having 10 subs at home, let alone 30! The Ear is going to be the Deaf Ear soon! Happy throbbing buddy!

Well 12 in a 1200cu ft room(net space left...800cu ft!),the 18 others in a ~ 4000 cu ft(net space around 3700). I think...I will post something...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not new but better than nothing

[:$]

I am just speaking from experience from what I watched. either they musnt have wanted to turn it up any more or their Db reader was dodgy as all hell.

You didnt pay attention long enough.. It was showing 100db's but about 10 seconds later while they still have it cranked up mad mike makes the comment "Yo right now its at 130 decibels!"

Now that's truly hard core. I've never even heard of someone having 10 subs at home, let alone 30! The Ear is going to be the Deaf Ear soon! Happy throbbing buddy!

Well 12 in a 1200cu ft room(net space left...800cu ft!),the 18 others in a ~ 4000 cu ft(net space around 3700). I think...I will post something...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not new but better than nothing

[:$]

Well well well. You finally broke down and shared some pics. Good for you. Credibility just went up with the forum members.

It didn't hurt that much did it?

Still waiting to see your mug shot.