Some rock LP . . .

Allan Songer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look now but its up over $50K!

I'm going to bid $60,000.00 just so I can say I did.

What if you win???????????

Then he can break out the rubbing alcohol and give it a good cleaning [;)]

that would be bad on acetate, no?

My natural sarcasm does not come across well behind this keyboard, hence the winking smiley at the end. It was a poor atempt at a joke, sorry!

Jeremy

Just like the Andy's original Campbell's painting this if an original and only copy is probably worth it to a collector regardless of how bad the music or recording is[:|]

True OB, I can't imagine someone picking up the new Music Direct catalogue and saying you know I think I need (must have) the Avant Garde Trio Bass system for $131,000.00 regardless of how much money one has[:(] If my memory serves me right MaxG. got to hear that setup and was very un-impressed for what their asking price is! IMHO a pair of 60th Anni's and a couple of the big SW woofers would probably kick the Deutsch a$$es all over the place[:P]

My brother-in-law the Dr. looked at my MD catalogue and said they must have a typo here[:o] LOL

I don't believe that auction or bid, I think it's a LIE, a HOAX, a big joke someone is playing........................GET REAL

Quite a conspiracy with 140 bids so far. And the seller has CANCELLED a lot of bids because the bidders have too low of feedback. I think you want to pick it up for $5 [;)]

Is this a hoax? I don't think the seller will ever see the money if he sells it to the current high bidders (i.e. greater than $100,000).

Let's examine one of the clues:

1) Click on the number next to the name of each of the current highest bidders. This number will take you to their feedback page. Then click on the auction ID's that are listed in color. This will give you an idea of how they earned their "feedback score".

2) Clue: if someone is bidding over $100,000, but all of their feedback is for "nickel & dime" stuff, that is suspicious. In other words, if someone can be expected to actually pay what they are bidding, then I expect to see a history that matches their willingness and ability to spend a large amount of money on some previous auctions.

3) By the way, I have used this technique several times to help me decide whether or not to bid on something. When I discover that another bidder that I am in competition with has won several auctions for something similar at a price greater than I am willing to pay, I know that I am competing with someone who has more funds than me, and a person who is obviously collecting the same thing that I'm interested in. If I'm looking for something in particular (i.e. Mcintosh MC 30 amps) I keep a spread sheet on MS Excel so I can track the auctions for the past year. This allows me to know when to "bow out" because certain collector's names keep showing up over and over, and they have more funds than I do. Also, I am able to catch who is buying something just so they can turn-it-over the next month at a higher price than they paid.You'd be surprised by how many names keep showing up over and over and over. First as the highest bidder, and then as the seller with a reserve slightly higher than the price they paid.

4) When I see an auction that seems unbelievable, I always like to watch for the feedback "after" the auction ends. It has been my experience that if neither the seller or the buyer posts feedback for each other, the auction is not to be believed. As a buyer, if I feel like I have made a "good deal" on an auction, I "a-l-w-a-y-s" leave feedback. Of course some sellers seem to be indifferent to responding in kind. But I'll be watching the conclusion of this auction to see if either party leaves positive/negative feedback. If neither party leaves any feedback, then I smell a "s-h-i-l-l".

Turns out the tracks on this acetate were played at least once in 2005 to make a digital copy, and released on a bootleg album titled Ultimate Monos and Acetates. If you're interested in hearing what this LP is about, for absolutely free, here are the Rapidshare links in 3 parts.

Part 1 Venus in Furs, I'm Waiting For The Man, Run Run Run

Part 2 Black Angel's Death Song, I'll Be Your Mirror, Heroin, Femme Fatale

Part 3 European Son, All Tomorrow's Parties

(the tracks are in FLAC format, I used MediaMonkey for playback)

I can see how the different take of the first song would be interesting to a fan, but the balance is just different mixes--big deal. And then with Coda's info, it seems nuts just to have THE ACTUAL ACETATE when the music is already all out there--again, big deal.

HO HUM the Velvet Underground.........over rated, and NO Parrot, I wouldn't give you $5.00 for it, been there, done that, moved on, Lou Reed is, was, the only one with any talent..................Another Andy Warhol GOOF........................Strange bunch of people in that little circle.........NYC was a little weird from time to time.........................EH ??????