Where to sell speakers

wendy

I got excited when I saw these were in Hillsborough, NC. I'm only 13 miles down the road in Carrboro. I deflated when I saw what it will likely take to get these.

Wendy

There's a deal for your friend. Shipping speakers is an absolute pita & often damaging as well as raises the total price to buyer. Hopefully both parties will be reasonable, the deal will be made & those spks get back to work.

Wendy,

I live 45 minutes away. I would have an interest in these speakers. As others have said, shipping would be a real pain. I wouls imagine the shipping costs to be in the neighborhood of $400. With such high shipping costs, it does reduce what a buyer is willing to pay overall.

Again, I would have a real interest if these are available.

Phil

Wendy,

I live 45 minutes away. I would have an interest in these speakers. As others have said, shipping would be a real pain. I wouls imagine the shipping costs to be in the neighborhood of $400. With such high shipping costs, it does reduce what a buyer is willing to pay overall.

Phil

Ahh...Phil sees Christmas Belles.

Wendy,

Phil

Ahh...Phil sees Christmas Belles.

That would be nice Arky...two channel tube set-up! Today tile guy is putting flooring in a 500 sq ft room I'm doing, Music/guitar room.

Not holding much hope though on these. My time will come!!!!! Wife rolled eyes last night when I mentioned them. I don't need her stinken permission to buy....Oh God...here she comes...I gotta go!

I recently sold a beauiful pair of '78 Belle Klipsch finished in Walnut Oil with black grills for $1550 back in Aug/Sep. They had all new wiring, the solder terminal K-55V's, and DeanG networks in them. I could not even get $1750 and they had no flaws at all to speak of. I had about $2300 into them, some folks are just plain unrealistic on their pricing. The speakers will just sit and rot I suppose without being enjoyed.

Wendy,

You must realize that the folks on this forum are THE Klipsch speaker experts of the world. We KNOW how much they're worth since we buy, sell and track sales of all things Klipsch. Please let your friend know what they're worth. We're not just trying to steal them from you.

BTW - The serial # should be stamped into the wood on the back edge of each speaker. There should be a letter embedded in numbers that would indicate the year of production. For example: 12P345 would be 1976 vintage. P = 1976, R = 1977, S = 1978, T = 1979, etc. Also, the style of copper badge would help narrow down the vintage. If it has lines through the name Klipsch, it would be pre 1978 (I think). If it is a pie shape, it would be 60s vintage most likely.

• 3 months later...

Guys,

I know it has been a while since I first posted this, but my friend is now willing to part ways with his Belles. He found a serial number with some papers and it's 3U709 Model BK-WO. I know this means more to you than it does to me. 1980.

So if anyone is still interested let me know.

Thanks again for all the info and banter.

Wendy

Anyone see any pictures?

There was a lot of chatter a year ago on this thread unitl pic's were asked for in resonse to "they need some work" followed by price history reports of 1200 - 1500 for "need work" type Belle's.

I've seen a set sell for 900 that needed minor work so I am curious how bad these really are.

There has been an infusion of Belles for sale coast to coast in good condition in the 1800 dollar range.

The ebay stuff had a few sales below 1500.

So the price for "need work" type of speakers may actually be less todya than it was a year ago.

Folks are passing on "need work" speakers and are holding out for good condition Heritage products closer to home.

My guess is that the seller listed these on ebay a few times during the last year and could not get the "collectors" price and is back to see if anyone here is willing to pay more than the best bids below reserve on ebay.

Why all the secret's on what they look like?

I think you guy's are being played.

I just saw some pictures and can understand why the seller is trying to find a buyer with out public comment on the value of the speakers sight unseen.

I would say these are the second worst set I have ever seen.

They are worth 1/3 to 1/2 of what we are thinking and probally 1/4 of what the seller is thinking.

Get some pic's before you offer a high and low price range.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

You guys have been great. I sent picts to Phil and Bill. As you've heard, the finish is not in great shape. The owner is unwilling to go below $750. From the talk, I get that you all think that's too high. So, that's pretty much a wrap. Thanks for all the feedback.

Wendy

Sorry Wendy but that is as high as I can go due to the distance that they are from me. Should we decide to take a vacation to Fayetteville I may drop you a line to see if he still has them. Not planning a trip anytime soon but maybe later in the year. Good luck on a local sale. Later Bill

Wendy has been very nice about this entire thing, and thanks to her for trying so hard. I would ****** them up for $750 as long as the in person inspection panned out. Just my wife is really a little pissed that I considered these due to our move to a smaller house. Of course she's right as the homes we have looked at will hardly fit the theater and so far we have not seen a house that will accomodate my two channel rig with only small monitor speakers.

Thanks Wendy, if by some miracle we find something that would work, I'll contact you!

Phil

Hey,

You guys have been great. I sent picts to Phil and Bill. As you've heard, the finish is not in great shape. The owner is unwilling to go below $750. From the talk, I get that you all think that's too high. So, that's pretty much a wrap. Thanks for all the feedback.

Wendy

I have a buddy that lives near Norfolk Va that is after some of my audio gear and is willing to completely re-veneer these speakers for me.

I'll be in the Nortfolk area this weekend.

So the timing would work out for me....