Good luck to this seller

RichardP

This seller has some big ones (and I'm not referring to the speakers):

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-CLASSIC-KG-4-2-FLOOR-SPEAKERS-BEAUTIFUL-OAK_W0QQitemZ300057552441QQihZ020QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KG 4.2s, some cabinet damage, some grill cloth damage, Buy-It-Now for $850, shipping $300/pr. That's more than the original retail.

He must have learned his marketing techniques from Amar.

This seller has some big ones (and I'm not referring to the speakers):

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-CLASSIC-KG-4-2-FLOOR-SPEAKERS-BEAUTIFUL-OAK_W0QQitemZ300057552441QQihZ020QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

KG 4.2s, some cabinet damage, some grill cloth damage, Buy-It-Now for $850, shipping $300/pr. That's more than the original retail.

He must have learned his marketing techniques from Amar.

Wow, that's a few bucks..................EH????I'd sell my KG4's for the Buy Now Price, and ship FREE........Hard to believe.$1,150 for a pair of KG4.2's....................USED

They just might sell. The $300 shipping will certainly scare off buyers nationwide, but some local Miami area guy could probably get them for $200 or less. No reserve, local pickup ok. That would not be a bad deal. If I was in the area I would consider bidding.

Upon reflection, I may have inadvertantly insulted the seller with
my reference to Amar's marketing techniques: this seller is offering
high quality speakers at a hugely inflated price; the other party
offers mediocre-quality speakers at a hugely inflated price.

<>Also,
it was my impression that KG 3.2s and 4.2s typically went for less than
$200; one pair of 4.2s recently sold after vigorous bidding for $229.
That's only $600 less than what the seller is hoping for.

Fastlane, don't forget there is a reserve on these.

The seller would be better served by listing them on Craigslist for what he wants plus a nominal markup. Any buyer can "bargain" his way down to the needed amount, and the speakers would move in a few days, rather than going through all this EBay to do. I think the seller is really hoping someone pulls the trigger on the BIN because they don't know what KG4s are.

Upon reflection, I may have inadvertantly insulted the seller with my reference to Amar's marketing techniques: this seller is offering high quality speakers at a hugely inflated price; the other party offers mediocre-quality speakers at a hugely inflated price.

Now that's funny!

Fastlane, the seller edited the listing. This was strange - I've only seen two other listings that had both a BIN and a reserve. I thought they were mutually exclusive. Even so, the start price and shipping is almost double the market price for KG4s. You are right about a local buy being the only dog in the hunt.