No Jubilees in Indy

I believe I read in another thread Darkside is 15. Nice offer.

It MIGHT be a setup [6]. I've been batting around the idea of taking the Jubes or not... if not, then no setup, if they DID go, a second person with a strong back would certainly be an asset to have around!!

How cool would that be for him too... get to spend the trip with those babies?

I was talking to Mike earlier today about this very thing and I got into some of the issues why mine might NOT show up there. He made comment that he'd like people to hear them in a good listening enviroment and I agree. I told him that one of the thoughts I had was talking to Colter or IndyKlipsch and leaving them at their house. Take Indyklipsch for example, he's already got that HT room setup to perfection as I understand it... how tough would it be to drag 2 LaScalas OUT of there and slap these in their place?

Then, they'd be in a home environment the entire time where people could get a real "seat of the pants' feel for their sound, as contrasted with perhaps a room like we heard while in Hope?

I don't know how far they live from HQ though. I would guess that people that had an interest in the Jubilee, would not mind the drive if it meant a chance to hear them in a good environment.

(kinda nice of me to volunteer this onto Colter or IndyKlipsch huh?!!!!)

[A]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the offer, but I can certainly wait. Arky is right, though I turn 16 in a few days...

Strong
back, maybe, bad knees, certainly. I marched sousaphone with the
marching band and now have the worst knees someone of my age can have[:S]...

It would be sweet to even see some Jubes, let alone hear, but I can certainly wait another couple of years.

Wow. Interesting thread.

So, when some of you are invited over to someone elses house as a guest, do you instruct them on what the meal should be? Or what beer they should serve?

JM

No but this isn't some simple menu choice, here. Klipsch, as a company, should create the ULTIMATE home theater product with ALL HORNS, and price it for the rich. If Wilson can get $100,000 for his WAMM's or whatever as the "attainable by billionaires only," then why not Klipsch? The setup I'm about to propose would make a hell of a party for some Arab Sheik and put US in the drool mode. The cost might be what, a lousy $50,000? For some "money don't matter" types out there, that would be chump change.

Right now, even a $179 Onkyo HT receiver refurb can do 7.1 with 7 discrete amplifiers that do between 50-90 watts per channel. Having 7 channles allow for rooms with long aspect ratios, without a speaker in the middle of the room The ideal setup would be 3 Jubilees up front with 4 LaScala II's as the surrounds. Maybe have Cornwall III's and Heresy III's on top to save a few bucks on the rears. Even thought they can be driven to ear splitting levels with a bottom line Onkyo, I'm sure in the real world, billionaires would want to drive them with an additional $70,000 worth of class A tubes gear with discrete signal processing up front. Throw in another $25,000 for a first class projection setup and Blue Ray HD, and I'm sure private jets would start to land in Indidana from around the world. That setup would even bring MY lazy butt to anywhere in the country. BYOB, BYO DVD's. After WE approve it, it can be taken to an Asia for a PR tour and many other shows. Come on Klipsch guys, CES is around the corner!!

Claude

I don't know their exact size... perhaps three feet wide by four feet tall? (bass bin only). The bass bin is essentially the same height as the Khorn bin as I understand it. Two people can comfortably carry a pair of Jubilees around (after taking the top horn off). The bottom end isn't THAT heavy but needs two people. The HF horn can be carried easily by one person but it's kind of awkward given its shape and the driver hanging out on the back only makes it more weird to carry.

My guess is combined, (LF horn & HF horn) they might be 150 lbs?? but that's only a guess