Seadog got more Klipsch for Christmas!

Seadog

• Moderators

Lucky guy, always wondered how they would sound. Most outdoor speakers you hear sound , well not so good, cant wait to hear what you think of them. Are they going outside or in a garage ? They look bigger than the average outdoor speaker.

They are going on the back deck. I will mount them under the eaves of the house, and they will be about 15' apart. Beyond the deck is the pool, so these should get a good workout on summer days (and nights).

These will really save me a lot of time and trouble, as well as sound great! Since I can't stand to listen to a boom box, I always drag out a receiver, a CD player, and a couple of small speakers (usually my garage JBL P20s) when I'm spending time out there, and drag it all back in at the end of the day.

I've been listening them in the living room using an HK430 receiver. They are the largest of the Klipsch Reference outdoor speakers, and they have a big sound, but are a little bass shy. The highs really sparkle (Christmas bells sound very life like for example - but what else would you expect from the Tractix tweeters [:P]). I am really looking forward to mounting these outside.

I see: I thought for a minute they were to replace your Klipschorns, one of which you can see in your picture. So did you receive them early so you could play Christmas music through them?

Actually, yesterday it was 80 degrees here, so we did yard work while listening to Christmas tunes. They're not mounted yet, but they still sounded good sitting in deck chairs.

Might I suggest the AW-800SW sub to match that system. That'll give it a little extra ooomph. 1-8" driver in matching enclosure.

Michael,

I was looking at the specs on that sub on the outdoor products page. Maybe next year. How well does the AW-800SW perform using only a receiver and no sub amp? I see that it can be used with an amp like the RSA-500 subwoofer amplifier, or without a separate sub amp.

BTW, I'll pass on the commendation to Mrs. Seadog.

Seadog you are indeed a lucky dog.

I hope you will tell us know how these sound. I have been considering these for my sunroom (zone 2) to replace the Polks I currently use there. The Polks have a much sweeter sound. It is not that they sound bad it is just that I have become quite attached to the precision of the HF from my RF-7s in the main listening room. I will be very interested to hear your impressions of these speakers, specifically regarding their HF. IOW do they have that wonderful Klipsch sound?

Anyway congrats on the new speakers and I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Steve