Your worst Audio hobby foible

Audio Flynn

Since I used to build "road cabinets" for bands a couple of decades and change ago. I really hate trying to keep my equipment from being nicked and dinged. It is preferred just to toss the stuff around.

An enormously royal pain in the rump moving the Belles out from the wall to change the networks without hurting them or scuffing the hardwood floor.

Funny - I have the exact same problem right now. I'm staring at these brand spankin' new V-Cap AA networks and am awaiting a few friends to come by and the wife to get home so I can install these bad boys in my Belles.

Belles are too big to attempt to move them myself - at least if I wish to maintain condition. So I guess I will salivate on these new boards a little while longer until I get more able bodies here.......[:)]

Funny - I have the exact same problem right now. I'm staring at these brand spankin' new V-Cap AA networks and am awaiting a few friends to come by and the wife to get home so I can install these bad boys in my Belles.

Belles are too big to attempt to move them myself - at least if I wish to maintain condition. So I guess I will salivate on these new boards a little while longer until I get more able bodies here.......[:)]

David,

My adreneline would kick in and I would move em myself! Let me know how what you think once you get em installed!

Josh

Josh (and everyone else, I suppose[:)]).......

They are PERFECT. And I do mean PERFECT. Liquid, smooth, detailed, clear - just phenomenal. It is the BOMB crossover cap for Heritage. Like Altec smooth. No joke. I can't believe how "on target" these networks are. Run circles around the Jensens. Run circles around any network I've heard to date. And it's not close. Absolutely outta the park.

Josh (and everyone else, I suppose[:)]).......

They are PERFECT. And I do mean PERFECT. Liquid, smooth, detailed, clear - just phenomenal. It is the BOMB crossover cap for Heritage. Like Altec smooth. No joke. I can't believe how "on target" these networks are. Run circles around the Jensens. Run circles around any network I've heard to date. And it's not close. Absolutely outta the park.

David,

Isnt it the greatest when a plan comes together! For all of you who do not believe in the power of the crossover, you are really missing out! Having said that, I would be interested in what the differences are between what you are running and the Dean G superAAs that I am using in my Belles.

Have a great Christmas..or other holiday if it applies!

Josh

"Isnt it the greatest when a plan comes together!"

Yes, it is! This was the finishing touch for the vintage Mac system. It's really nice to make a choice that is so perfect, that there is no question. I've mentally ground the network issue to dust, so it was nice to make the right choice.

I heard Craig's (NOSValves) Super AA's in his LaScalas last weekend, and those are very good networks. That network has options that the standard AA doesn't (adjustable squawker). In a perfect world one could build the higher slope networks using all oil V-Caps, but I don't know if the proper values are available. All I know is that the V-Cap oil version is the most liquid, clear, perfect cap for building horn crossovers I've ever heard.

I can see how the higher slope networks are an advantage (especially true when you crank 'em). I usually don't turn up the music loud enough for the A/AA to "break up" due to bleed-through to neighboring drivers, and otherwise like the sound of the simpler networks.