Has anyone seen this? Mini-movie on audiophiles on youtube.

synthfreek

I love my Z-stat gun! From the late 70's early 80's still works. Great for lp's, static hair, clothes....I use a longer pull than the guy in the video though. This short should be submitted to film festivals if it isn't. Very well done, good sound (sounded good on my promedia 2.0's) and artsy shots.

MAX looks good...........................EH ? Boy, all that equipment is way out of my league...............Those guys are way more into it than I could ever be..............Those turntables are worth more than my whole stereo I bet....................Nice Gear, really, beautiful equipment..............A bunch of LUCKY GREEK MEN to say the least......................A different level of audiophile............................

I love my Z-stat gun!  From the late 70's early 80's still works.  Great for lp's, static hair, clothes....I use a longer pull than the guy in the video though.  This short should be submitted to film festivals if it isn't.  Very well done, good sound (sounded good on my promedia 2.0's) and artsy shots.

I noticed that too. I've always thought that if the trigger is depressed so fast as to cause a 'click' then the process failed and I would have to start over. Its been 30 years since I read the instructions so I could be wrong but I do remember when the Zerostat came with a tester bulb and it would only light up with a slow and deliberate trigger motion. If the trigger was depressed too fast, the bulb only flashed a bit which wasn't recommended for best operation. But then, the fellow seems meticulous with every other aspect of his system which puts mine to shame so maybe he knows something I don't... he is a card-carrying audiophile after all.

Its a great show and I did enjoy seeing the enthusiasm and obvious pleasure the fellows took in their pursuit of audio nirvana. The questions were astute and the answers frank and informative while conveying a real sense of pride and accomplishment. Max, you came off very well and looked quite comfortable with your mates. You're personality matches your 'Forum Persona' which is a compliment... I think. All-in-all, a very honest documentary of a bunch of guys and gals enjoying each others company and passing along the joys of their hobby. Kudos!

I noticed that too. I've always thought that if the trigger is depressed so fast as to cause a 'click' then the process failed and I would have to start over. Its been 30 years since I read the instructions so I could be wrong but I do remember when the Zerostat came with a tester bulb and it would only light up with a slow and deliberate trigger motion. If the trigger was depressed too fast, the bulb only flashed a bit which wasn't recommended for best operation. But then, the fellow seems meticulous with every other aspect of his system which puts mine to shame so maybe he knows something I don't... he is a card-carrying audiophile after all.

That's exactly how I still use mine (from '83). Can't find the instructions either, but I always pulled away slowly with each swipe.

I don't recall seeing Max's latest system in this documentary...what a shame. That's the setup I really wanted to see (and hear, even if only played through my ProMedia 2.1s).

Funnily enough it was Michael that first pointed out to Christos that he was using the Zerostat wrongly - he had been doing it that way for decades apparently.

He has since admitted his mistake - and actually posted on the ACA forum about it - and the proper usage.

Everyone can still learn something in this hobby of ours.

As for my system - not eye candy enough to make it in - and my best component - the table - has the same arm as Christos so there didn't seem to be too much point in including it.

I also lack that flywheel.....maglev, however, is on the cards in the near(ish) future.

..."As for my system - not eye candy enough to make it in - and my best component - the table - has the same arm as Christos so there didn't seem to be too much point in including it."

Don't kid yourself, Max, your valveless-powered audio system is every much the eye candy IMHO. Sure, it may not be nearly as elaborate looking as those other mega-euro systems that cost as much as a house, but you know it sounds every bit as good as those other setups do. I, for one, wish it was included in the video...oh well, still a great production that is thoroughly enjoyable to watch.