dtels little fire

dtel's niece

BTW, just like dtel it was propane (sp?) and oxygen in plastic baggies, not coke bottles. Anyone ever seen or heard those kind of "bombs" when they explode? They leave a nice size hole in the ground.[:o]

I guess you put propane and oxygen from a blowtorch together??? How did he set it off?? what method [:P] does he still have all his fingers?

I'll never forget the day dtel set one of those off without my mother knowing. I thought she was going to have a heart attack, and my dad just stood there LHAO. It scared the cr*p out of my mom. It was funny, not to mention deafening.

Dtel does love to make sure your heart is still working. I wonder why none of our girls will help him when he is doing electrical wiring? Come to think of it, I refuse to help him also. We have all been intentionally shocked one too many times.[:o] No wonder my brain short circuits sometimes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

BTW, just like dtel it was propane (sp?) and oxygen in plastic baggies, not coke bottles. Anyone ever seen or heard those kind of "bombs" when they explode? They leave a nice size hole in the ground.[:o]

I guess you put propane and oxygen from a blowtorch together??? How did he set it off?? what method [:P] does he still have all his fingers?

I'll never forget the day dtel set one of those off without my mother knowing. I thought she was going to have a heart attack, and my dad just stood there LHAO. It scared the cr*p out of my mom. It was funny, not to mention deafening.

Dtel does love to make sure your heart is still working. I wonder why none of our girls will help him when he is doing electrical wiring? Come to think of it, I refuse to help him also. We have all been intentionally shocked one too many times.[:o] No wonder my brain short circuits sometimes.

All I know is...you put a little bit of oxygen and little bit of propane in a plastic bag, like a potato chip bag or plastic baggie. I think he would use toliet paper (like a fuse???), run like he*l and wait for everyone to jump out of thier skin and start screaming at him. Then he would start laughing.

Yep, he still has all of his fingers.

Seems it is something he learned while working in the shipbuilding industry.

I am too chicken to mess with this kind of stuff, so he will have to share the details with you.[:o]

I will let him confirm the details when he posts a little later.

• Moderators

They used to do this in the shipyard I had worked many years ago. They would take a empty bag of chips or a zip-loc baggie left over from lunch.

You would set the cutting torch like you were going to cut metal and just touch the tip of the torch on something and it would extinguish the flame, and you have the perfect mixture. Fill a baggie and place on the edge of a peice of paper or something and light the paper when the flame gets to the bag, small bag sounds like a as loud as a 12 guage shotgun.

When I was a kid, we had a cannon in the house (real one). Out in the garage, we had a "Charles Chips" tin, full of gunpowder and another can of primer. Yes, we shot the cannon. We'd stuff it with a rag, light it off while it was on the back patio. It would shoot that rag maybe a hundred feet or so out and up on the electric wires at times. I might add that we lived in a subdivision with houses on each side of us, but big back yards, creek and a farm behind us.

Every now & then, it seems that SOMEONE ( [:$] ) would take a glass 16 oz Coke bottle and a LONG length of fuse, and stealth out into the night with it. The last time I remember doing that stupid deed, we were in the farmers field behind our house. It had rained, placed bottle in middle of the field, lit fuse and RAN. Well, it had rained... hmm...sticky mud made our shoes weigh a TON and we had a hard time to keep from slipping down. All the sudden, we realized we had an issue... we weren't getting to far away AND the fuse didn't know nor care. Seems in the end, we did get far enough away for when it blew, no one was hurt. There WAS however, something like a 4' wide hole in the ground. I don't remember how deep it might have been but we were REAL impressed at the size of the hole and just KNEW the farmer would be scratching his head wondering what happened here.

The other events I recall was filling a baby jar with it (6 oz??). Was on 4th July as I recall. Set it up, lit it off. Glass didn't explode, but the lid shot WAY out of sight at night and we never found the lid. A short few minutes later, a police car drove up saying they had a report of someone shooting a gun in our area and did we know anything about it? Well, we said we heard it too [:#] but didn't know a THING about anyone with a gun!

Last was another 16 oz Coke bottle (I liked those the best). Was dead of winter, creek had frozen over. Took bottle down to ice, set on top, put BIG fuse on and we just walked away. Fuse was probably 1 1/2 minutes as we were in the backyards when it finally blew. The ENTIRE (for that area) treeline near the creek, LIT up when the flash went off. The boom of course, reverberated everywhere and seemed to echo a bit becuase of the 'canyon' the creek was in (VERY high banks).

We raced back to see what happened and for the general area were we put it, there was NO ice. It simply blew all the ice to pieces and the current carried the pieces away.

I finally ran that Charles Chips can of gunpowder empty. That was probably a good thing! [*-)]

Dad still has the same cannon. Today though, he also has a loading kit for it, along with a cleaning kit, AND (we never had this in Ohio) CANNONBALLS!!!! The muzle on this thing is probably 2 1/2 maybe 3" tops.

It's been ordained that when things of Dad's, becomes things of us kids... that I'm supposed to end up with the cannon. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but at least, I DO have the room here to light it off very now & then.

[A]

• Moderators

For noise try dry ice in plastic 1 or 2 liter bottle. Put the cap on, wear ear plugs....get a safe distance. Makes a great diversionary tactical weapon.

That also works with muriatic acid with a small piece of aluminum foil folded up in the cap then screwed on and throw it, when the acid reaches the foil it causes a very quick release of fumes. The bad part is it leaves a dead spot in the grass from the acid.

• Moderators

Just so you will know a few years ago I was looking up home made b**bs and after about 10 minutes a black screen poped up on the computer and it said you are being monitored by the FBI.[:o] So I stoped really fast and never looked up that again, I don't even type that word if I can help it.

Just so you will know a few years ago I was looking up home made b**bs and after about 10 minutes a black screen poped up on the computer and it said you are being monitored by the FBI.[:o] So I stoped really fast and never looked up that again, I don't even type that word if I can help it.

pfft that ain't the fbi

*pfft that ain't the fbi *

I don't think he said the bom* word either... If you look closely at what he said, I think he was looking up BOOBS

[:o][6]

Home made?

You take a bottle of wine

A lot of lubbing

wait 9 months

out comes a baby

50/50 chance its a boy or girl though

• Moderators

*pfft that ain't the fbi *

I don't think he said the bom* word either... If you look closely at what he said, I think he was looking up BOOBS

[:o][6]

Home made?

You take a bottle of wine

A lot of lubbing

wait 9 months

out comes a baby

50/50 chance its a boy or girl though

Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are! (Favorite saying of the Larry the Cable Guy, my favorite comedian)