RF-7's

turbobusa65

Hi there. I have been a Klipsch fan for decades and I have been using RF 7's for a few months now and I absolutely LOVE them! Glad to of hear others enjoying them. Do you want to have more fun? Consider a subwoofer, I have the RSW 15 matched up with the RF 7's. Talk about WOW! Just be VERY careful with the "bug", it could put you in the poor house very quickly. It sure is fun though! Enjoy!

WOW!!! I am blown away, they sound way better than I thought they would!!! I think I might even sell my turbocharged suzuki hayabusa to buy more audio equipment!!!!! WOW!! Is this what they call getting "bit by the bug"????

Out of curiosity, what amp/reciever are you using with those.

I've had my RF-7s for something like 4 (almost 5) years now, and I still love them like the day I first got them. Wait until you hear them through a good amp such as my B&K Reference 200.7. That brings a whole new definition of "WOW". And of course, as the other fellow metioned, adding a good sub will even bring it up to yet another level! (I am using a REL Storm III with mine - talk about clean, accurate base there - basically an extension of my speakers).

Yeah, becareful with that "upgrade bug". Fortunatly for me, I've pretty much got what all I want for now.

I would have to agree. I am running the B&K Reference 200.5 S2 and the Reference 50 S2 (in hindsight I should have bought the 200.7 and used the extra channels for a second zone) and the sound quality is outstanding! The RF 7's can play soooo loud and soooo clean it's just great fun listening to this system. The amp made all the difference. I often wonder if a different processor with this amp would sound this good.

In regard to the crossover upgrade: I am afraid to tamper with them, can you really improve the sound of these things?

I would have to agree. I am running the B&K Reference 200.5 S2 and the Reference 50 S2 (in hindsight I should have bought the 200.7 and used the extra channels for a second zone) and the sound quality is outstanding!

Well, you can always add the Ref 200.2 if you need the two additional channels (which in hind-site, since I spend alot of time listening to two-channel on my setup, I should've done that for the mains and a Ref 200.5 to handle the rest of the system).

In fact, that may be the way to go if you later decide you need the additional channels, and will probably result in a slightly better system in the end.

Way ahead of you.....

I even thought of the 125.2 as the second zone amp to power my AW 650's in the garage and throwing away the system they are on, which was my main system before the B&K. And to think that an Onkyo integrated amp (don't laugh) ever sounded good to me. Oh well, you've got to start somewhere!

Does your pre amp do "4 channel" stereo? I enjoy the 2 channel as much as the next guy, but the "4 channel" doesn't alter the sound for the rear speakers, just duplicates the fronts and actually is pretty cool. Put some Disturbed on a DVD-A and enjoy the ride!! My ears are bleeding just thinking about it.

Congrats on the 7's,I've been a long time advocate of the 7's.I've defended them against all comers cause I know they can deliver the goods.I found out years back they need a good prepro and a solid amp to make em' sing,sounds like you got that covered.As was mentioned a good sub integrated properly really can add to their already outstanding performance(for sure in a larger room).I had the ref 50II and it sounded very nice on the 7's,they can also sound like crap on the wrong gear,and not just cheap gear but even a 3k prepro could make you cringe,it did me..I've always heard great things about Deang's upgrade but never had it done yet,I've always been happy with the 7's the way they are in my room.I've always considered the mod an upgrade to those that feel the 7's needed something,I just never have yet,maybe if I ever get bored with em'.

Does your pre amp do "4 channel" stereo? I enjoy the 2 channel as much as the next guy, but the "4 channel" doesn't alter the sound for the rear speakers, just duplicates the fronts and actually is pretty cool. Put some Disturbed on a DVD-A and enjoy the ride!! My ears are bleeding just thinking about it.

My pre/pro (a Denon AVR3802 reciever) can do that "5/7-channel" stereo thing, which I do use fairly frequently, especially if I am not sitting directly in the "sweet-spot", such as when I am on the computer (the computer I typically use to surf the net is off to the side).

If I didn't think Disturbed sucked so much (just don't care for that "nu-metal" or "alternative metal" sound), I would. Instead, I currently got Dragonland on in 5-channel stereo mode! Nothing like epic sounding symphonic power metal to get me going! [;)]

Don't laugh you guy's I am useing an old 1974-76 marantz 2275 pushing 75 watts r.m.s. per channel given to me years ago, because it did not work. I changed the fuse and had not had a lick of trouble with it since!!! OH by the way it sold for $650.00 dollars back then!!!

Probally a real sweet sounding amp by the year and how happy you are. I would be very hesitant to spend anymore money on an amp if you got a nice sweet sounding vintage one. If two channel music is your goal without breaking the bank. If you do try other Two channel amps/pre setups out don't sell the Marantz just yet. Welcome and congrats. You may never best the bliss you first hear with a good system. I don't why that is it's like that with many things in life.

Don't laugh you guy's I am useing an old 1974-76 marantz 2275 pushing 75 watts r.m.s. per channel given to me years ago, because it did not work. I changed the fuse and had not had a lick of trouble with it since!!! OH by the way it sold for $650.00 dollars back then!!!

I'm not laughing or surprised. I have had a bunch of Marantz receivers over the years. They sound better to me than some NAD, Adcom, and Rotel gear I have owned. I still use a 2285B in a second system.