Another Power Conditioner post

bismarck

I have two simple questions.
1. Can you plug a subwoofer into a powerconditioner with all your other components? I was told that the draw can be too much but in HT magazine they plugged the subwoofer into the high current filter on the main power conditioner and said there was a noticable improvment.
2. Should Iplug my reciever into the receiver plug or the high current "amp" plug.
thanks

I recommend plugging your receiver into the receiver outlet. That's where I plugged mine it at, and it sounds great. Noticable improvement in sound quality. Yes, you can plug the sub into the high current filter. I guess there is a chance taht it can draw too much power, but I highly doubt it. Just try it and see what happens.[:)]

I read that most like to plug their amps or receivers directly into the wall...can you tell me what the purpose of this is if, as in my case, I use the conditioner for spike protection...I plug the amps into the conditioner/spike protector...does it REALLY sound better direct to the wall outlet???

Bill

It isn't logical that plugging it into the wall directly would benefit. The whole purpose of a power conditioner is to protect the units and possily make them perform better, not worse. Most people i talk to say that notice a very small improvement but i have met a couple people who can't stop talking about how everything sounds and looks so much better after using a power conditioner.

I'll be the one to buck the conventional wisdom,if it is.I hooked my set to a Monster(3500 I think)it collapsed the soundstage,funtioned poorly and had a blue/purple light that shot like a laser.I got rid of it quick,back to the Panamax surge protector and all is well.

I would not connect my sub to my surge that supplies my other gear.My amp can draw about 1500 watts,plus tv,components etc..I have my sub(rsw15) on it's own circuit.Just do the math on your components max power draw,it may be fine for many people.

Going from a $15 power bar to a Tripp Lite Isobar Ultra surge suppressor gave me cleaner FM sound and blacker blacks on the TV. Moving the sub to a different outlet further reduced FM noise.

Moving the electronics and turntable to a different circuit, away from the sub and computer, as well as adding a second Isobar Ultra for the sub, reduced noise even further, even surface noise on LPs, to my surprise. Perhaps the turntable cartridge is sensitive to noise because its signal is so highly amplified relative to CD and DVD players.