Quartet, what are they worth...

$500 is a bit high for pristine Quartets...more in line with the bigger brother's...Forte' II and Chorus II...$400 owuld be about tops but I really LOVE my two pair of these...one in WO are pristine and the other in OO almost perfect and I spent less than $350 for each pair locally...

Bill

I paid $400 for a nice pair of OO quartets last year from a fourn member. They were worth every penny and then some. They are doing main duty in the HT. They sound FANTASTIC but then I also LOVE my Fort'es!! The Quartets are the little brother to the Fort'e. The passive is interchangeable between the Quartets and the Fort'e 1s. I think if you go listen to them, you will take them home, offer him what you feel they are worth (in person) the worst that can happen is that he won't move on the price.

The Ouartet is an excellent speaker. Great for 2 channel and they really go well with Forte IIs in the HT. They do, however, have to be placed close to a wall and thats the only reason I sold mine. If they are mint, whats an extra $100 or so? I agree with Cal here. Go look, make a reasonable offer, (if they are as advertised) and take it from there.

List price was $525 each in 1991; I think they'd be worth $500 only if they were still in an unopened box!

I think ebay prices have it more accurate, and I'd spend no more than $250 for a pair.

I just think there are too many other options out there for that kind of money.

NP........Lone Star - Firing on all Six

If you find a place that has perfect looking Quartets for $250, let me know...I would buy 'em...as for my earlier comments...if you can get them locally, they are the wood you like and are truly perfect...get 'em...after you would have tacked on shipping...they would cost that anyway...as I say...I have 2 pair and they are certainly worth it.

Good luck and let us know if you get 'em!

Bill