For Sale: McIntosh MA6900

Roc Rinaldi

Perfect condition. Perfect working order. No buyer risk on this one. This unit was purchased new 2 years ago and is still under warranty.

Used for about 200 hours of listening. 200wpc @ .005THD weights 75 pounds. Currently being sold by McIntosh for $5,000 new.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=17&cat=Integrated+Amplifiers&prodid=1018&product=MA6900

Located in Baltimore, MD

It will be like selling one of my children but I have to do it in order to move up to 7.1.

Do you have a selling price in mind?

My understanding is that Mcintosh warranties are not transferable....?

They're not.  Perhaps it's in a banded, unopened box, strapped to a pallet? [;)]

I got a good education on that over the last few weeks.

If you have a used Mcintosh that you want to sell.....send it to Mcintosh for service.....and you will get it back in a banded, sealed, and unopened box....

This explains all the Mcintosh's on ebay that are banded, sealed, and in unopened boxes.

OK.

Yes, McIntosh warranties are not transferrable. However, since mine is still warranted you can assume that there is nothing wrong with the unit because I can get it repaired for free if something was out of spec., which it is not. I did have the performance specs. checked at a McIntosh full service reapir center about a year ago and the unit is well with-in all published specs.

I am the original owner.

List Price: $5,000 Location: Baltimore, MD

I am hoping to sell it by discounting the list price by about 25%-30%.

This unit is kept covered when not in use. It doesn't even have any dust on it. When I bought it I picked it up in person to avoid any handling of it.

It's built like a tank and looks like a stealth. Sometimes I just look at it and don't even turn it on. The price that I am asking is comparable to what the McIntosh dealer is offering as a trade-in on a 7.1 unit. Macs hold their value quite well.

Perfect condition. Perfect working order. No buyer risk on this one. This unit was purchased new 2 years ago and is still under warranty.

Used for about 200 hours of listening. 200wpc @ .005THD weights 75 pounds. Currently being sold by McIntosh for $5,000 new.

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=17&cat=Integrated+Amplifiers&prodid=1018&product=MA6900

Located in Baltimore, MD

It will be like selling one of my children but I have to do it in order to move up to 7.1.

My email is wrench722@aol.com I have tryed your link and it did not work? If you would like to make a deal of some sort. Drop me a email.

so, roc!! what do you want for the piece??? i somehow missed it in the thread? 2 pieces have sold on ebay 2500 & 2900.

I saw those....pricess seem to be falling on high ticket Mcintosh gear.

Hi linkalley,

My Mac dealer is willing to give me $3000 - $3200 as a trade-in on a new 7.1 McIntosh amp. I bought the MA6900 http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=17&cat=Integrated+Amplifiers&prodid=1018&product=MA6900 from him about 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm just seeing if I can do better on the market myself. I know any used purchase is somewhat of a risk. In fact I hate buying used myself, I rarely do.

I am also frustrated that I didn't buy the MC207 http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?hid=1&id=14&cat=Power+Amplifiers&prodid=1096&product=MC207 originally instead of the MA6900. It must have been the model number that attracted me, I don't know.

I know that this is pricey stuff but you probably know that you get what you pay for. The MA6900 has a list price of $5000 and as far as I know McIntosh dealers do not discount more that a few hundred dollars. My amp. is my baby and has been treated with kid gloves from the day I purchased it. I drove to Delaware to buy it (no tax) and brought it home myself. A year ago I took it back and has it tested to verify the specs. It passed all tests easily. I am still in warranty (non-transferable) so if there was anything wrong with the unit I could have it fixed for free. But there is nothing wrong with it. This unit is the closest thing anyone will find to new. For gosh sakes I even keep it covered when not in use to avoid dust in the heat sinks. I love looking at this unit so I hope I don't regret letting it go. I can only hope my new Mac will make me feel the same way.

To answer your question, I would consider selling it for around $3500 give or take some. I know that this is probably like top dollar but the unit is so new looking and performing. I am the original owner, I have all receipts and have only about 200 - 300 hours of use on the unit. I hope you are OK with my price. Please advise. I live in Baltimore, MD BTW in case you are close enough to audition it.

Prices on Audiogon show one recently sold for 2850 and a current one with an asking price of 2900.

If the dealer is willing to give you 3500 credit on an different model, that looks pretty attractive, but odds are you will loose any leverage on any possible discounts from list on the new unit.

Which amp are you looking at, MC207?