a grand or less, anything better than SVS?

Briankz

SVS are great subs, but there are a lot of products from other companies coming out that look like good competition.

AV123 will be selling a sub called the MFW-15 for 599.00 and two for 999.00 i think is what i read.

this should be a very interesting comparison to SVS's 12 inch driver based subs.

Can't wait to read the reviews.

I know my input is a little late, but this'll just be for others'

future reference. I would look into Earthquake subs. Find a good deal

on a 12 or 15 Supernova...absolutely sweet. However, the world seems to

be against me and my Supernova as no one I know of on these forums

currently owns one, not even TheEAR. The only other person I've known

to have one was chops and he sold his a bought an SVS...*sigh*

Nice choice! What other speakers are you running?

You're going to think less of me now...

JBL Venue Stadiums for the fronts, Klipsch Synergy series on the center/surrounds. I know you should match speakers whenever possible, but JBL stadiums sounded so much better to me than any of the Synergy floor standers. But the JBL center channel sucked and it turns out the synergy center blends well with the stadiums. I tried the whole synergy lineup, but the JBL's were so much clearer. I eventually ended up with Klipsch all around save for the floorstanders and now my sub. My current sub (Infinity BU-120) got me through the last 7 years and it was time to upgrade along with the rest of my gear.

I spent the last three/four months putting this together on a budget I could handle, when the WAF finally went my way.

As long as it sounds good to you, that's what counts.

And remember, just because you own a pair of speakers now doesn't mean you'll own them forever. This coming from someone who bought RF-25s, sold them for RF-7s and now has Forte II speakers all within about a year's time.

• Moderators

As long as it sounds good to you, that's what counts.

And remember, just because you own a pair of speakers now doesn't mean you'll own them forever. This coming from someone who bought RF-25s, sold them for RF-7s and now has Forte II speakers all within about a year's time.

Sounds like all good moves to me, especially the last ! [Y]