Connecting DVD (5.1 for SACD/DVDA) to Receiver

schouse13

I am loking to connect a Denon DVD player to my Marantz SR7500. When connecting the 5.1 connections for DVDA/SACD from the DVD player to the receiver, do I use standard RCA audio cables or coax audio cables? The Denon manual says "speaker cables." Another connection guide I have seen says standard RCA cables. Any responses would be appreciated.

You need 6 RCA cables (3 pair) to connect 5.1 SACD or DVDA to a non Denon reciever. If your DVD player has the Denon-link digital connection, it can only be used with a Denon receiver. Does your Marantz have SACD/DVDA 6 RCA analog inputs? If so that's what you need. Good luck to you.

Jeremy

Decent RCA cables are what you want. I looked at a pic of the back of your receiver and it shows the 7.1 channel inputs in the lower right section of the receiver's RCA input section. The outputs on your Denon DVD player should be color-coded the same as the inputs on the Marantz to make hookup easy.

Yeah, the Marantz receiver has the corresponding inputs. I'll get three pairs of RCA audio cables. I'll obviously connect the fronts and sorrounds L/R to corresponding connections. However, is it ok to connect the sub and center connections using one pair (L/R) of RCA cables or should I get individual RCA cables for sub/center?

Thanks for the response also.

You can't use Digital Coax......or........Optical cable ? That's the better way........standard rca cables are the worst way to do it, and just more wires to get tangled...................One cable vs 6 cables...........

I have an optical cable already for the audio in general. I am referring specifcally to 5.1 audio (DVDA & SACD).

The Marantz manual shows two pairs of RCA cables for Fronts and Surrounds (L/R) and two individual cables for Sub and Center.

My Sony DVD plays SACD's and has all three connections........although it's not DVDA........the more cables you use the more noise you can possibly get.............Reading the title of subject I thought he was talking DVD player.............doesn't matter ,Mines fine.....misunderstood question I guess....

My Sony DVD plays SACD's and has all three connections........although it's not DVDA........the more cables you use the more noise you can possibly get.............Reading the title of subject I thought he was talking DVD player.............doesn't matter ,Mines fine.....misunderstood question I guess....

You aren't getting the true SACD sound without the analog cables. Do you own any SACDs? If so, you owe it to yourself to hook it up correctly so you can hear the difference. Again, the only time it will matter is if you are listening to a SACD. Without the analog cables, you might as well just buy the regular CD.

My DVD player will play them, but to answer your question, NO I do not, I refuse to buy anymore new media, only to have it obselete in 6 months. I have in the past jumped into new media too deeply, and end up like Pro Logic, a bunch of new tapes I will not play now............Regular CD's remastered are fine for me...............I really MISUNDERSTOOD the question...........All those concert video VHS tapes and a Sony Stereo expensive tape deck sitting here collecting dust, it's a shame, but my fault for jumping in so deep ........... EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!