Plastic Washers for Crying Out Loud!!

BEC

Ok, you parts finding experts (I thought I was one, but alas not for this part).  I need some plastic washers.

I want to buy them by the hundred (not thousand).

I want to buy from a place that has no minimum for such purchases (like the $50.00 minimum that most places likely to supply those have).

I don't want any suggestions that you can get by doing a google search.  I have probably already talked to all of them.

I know these washers exist.  They are (or suitable ones at least) provided with many semiconductors as insulators.  Yes, I have already talked to some semiconductor places that sell them in the pack with their products.  None of them seem to know where they got the washers.  I guess the washers just somehow got into the package over in Indonesia or China.

Same story for those that come with various auto parts as the ones that come with semiconductors.

Don't suggest McMaster-Carr.  First place I looked.  

No need to suggest places that would make them to order.  That is expensive since the first thing you have to do is pay for the die to stamp them out with.  Like I said before, I know these washers exist already.

Yes, I can cut them myself.  I have a nested gasket punch set.  That gets rather tiresome.

Specs.

This washer can be a flat washer or a shoulder washer.  The washer can have a thickness of from 5 to 10 thousands of an inch.

The diameter of the hole in the center can be from about  .17 to .2 inch.

The O.D of the washer can be from about .65 to .75 inch.

Material can be of anything non-conductive (nylon would be nice).

Bob Crites

Note: Sorry this sounds like a rant.  I have a huge amount of time in on this mess including even ordering several that did not work or were not really in stock after all.  

You might try Andrew Wire. They make all kinds of high quality transmission line with teflon washers as insulator spacers but now that I think about it I don't think they make anything that small. A lot of valve makers use teflon seals. You will never find another way to make them cheaper than what you are doing. Cut a deal with your wife, they love to do that kind of repetive stuff.

JJK

Shawn,

Unless I have just somehow missed it, I don't see anything even close at Mouser or Digikey.  That is a small (.2) ID with a large (.75) OD.

Arky,

Lots of places like that will make them.  Most cases though they have a high tooling cost or large minimum to make them.

Bob

Bob,

Have you considered using Rope Caulk for the job?[8-|]

Terry

Just because that works for your irregularity problem doesn't mean it is good for everything.

Bob

Obviously it doesn't work all that well for my problem. I'm still full of....................[:'(]

Hope you find what you are looking for.

tc

Bob I think this is pretty close to what your looking for. http://www.mcmaster.com/ Part #95630A460 I guess you might be using them for inductor coil hold downs? Take A look around yourself a lot of stuff on this site.

Not that one, O.D is too large.  95630A445 though sounds better.  Very thick and pretty expensive though.  That may be one of the ones I tried to order and found out they really did not have them.  Had several cases like that with McMaster.

Bob

How many are you looking to purchase? We've got this electronics shop on campus where we can go and ask for the most oddball of things and somehow they always manage to find a suitable product. The only problem is they won't tell you where they got them from as they like to tack on 3% to help cover their costs. I dunno what their policy is on selling outside the campus.

Dennis, 

0.625 would work but barely.  The hole to cover is 0.5.  If it is stiff enough, it would work.  The price seems a bit steep though. 

I can have them made for $29.00 per thousand with a minimum order of $50.00.  When you get up to the 27 cents each range, I could have either 200 or 2000 for about the same price.  200 would last me a couple of years.  

Bob

BEC

Ready for a laugh.....go to a craft store and look at some of the glitter they sell to string thru for kids projects.  The stuff comes in all sizes, all colors, and is cheap.