Meagain's at it again

Parrot

here let me check...................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................got to go town....................................................come on pick up the phone.................................................doo doo doo doo.........................................................................man that nose hair is long......................................crap that ain't a hair.......................................................................bills to pay.......................................................thinking where to go to lunch........................................bose speakers are my hero........................................

yep they do. think....special order......

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume they come with the option of being naked of paint?

Nope. Available only in black. I think it's so imperfections can be slopped over with lots of paint. Remember, they are built not to be seen, so generally speaking any of the behind the screen speakers do not have to meet the same finish standards as home speakers.

Now that's funny. A sheet of veneer does a much better job of covering imperfections than black paint -- which shows every flaw there is!

Raw birch is appealing because you can do something with it later, but with my schedule I would never get to it.

Also, if someone would like to specifically ask Roy, I DO think you can obtain them in finished form, meaning with veneered wood on front already from the factory. Only catch is, the wood has to be that which they already stock AND of course, the price might be subject to change. They can also make the side grills for you... again price might be subject to change.

As Roy said, think special order

:) OK, here's an idea... put them in the corners and clip the corners of the room around them with either drywall or a floor to ceiling (cheaper, easier) screen matched to the color of the walls. A panel that if done right, might not look too cheesy. OK, find a beautiful antique armoire with the right sized doors, cut the back out for depth - No... can't find 2 identical one? OK, antique doors.... How big is this thing anyway? OK, 2 plasma tv's that are controlled via remote to slide down over the horns when not in use. Um.... I can't think, I'm going to sleep.

Or - If you want to sell those Epiphany 12/12's for $1,000 - LMK. (insert devilish smiley faced grin here) Gosh - those sounded so clear. Kinda haunts me still.

Your gonna wanna come by, this week to hear the piphs, cause I gots my source coming in on Tuesday, the haunting you had before will be much more then[6][:)]

WE WANT VENEER  WE WANT GRILLS  WE WANT VENEER  WE WANT GRILLS

How much did you say??

WE WANT PAINT  WE WANT PAINT  WE WANT PAINT

Thanks Dean haven't had coffee go through my nose in a while : )

I think Roy has said all along that as a special order you can even get them veneered you just have to have $$$$ for "special order". If I didn't remember that correctly sorry.

IDK - That center panel looks like it would be a piece of cake to veneer. I can't really tell what's going on with the edges above/below, but still.... it just looks like the ultimate super easy veneering project. Then add grills to the side and boom - done.

The horn.... Are the edges of the horn flat? And, is it really possible there's not some type of super-thin veneer one could put on the inside of it? Some amazing product available in the world to pull that off without affecting the sound? Or, would at least grill cloth over it ruin things sonically? Use the same veneer for a grill frame as on the bass bin....

I can just see this thing looking ok with some creativity with not a lot of hardship/work.

The horn.... Are the edges of the horn flat? And, is it really possible there's not some type of super-thin veneer one could put on the inside of it? Some amazing product available in the world to pull that off without affecting the sound? Or, would at least grill cloth over it ruin things sonically? Use the same veneer for a grill frame as on the bass bin....

It was designed to go behind a movie screen, so I'd think that so-called acoustically transparent grille cloth wouldn't hurt a darned thing, and probably improve it.

And also agree on the relatively simple after-purchase veneer possibilities. You couldn't get a much easier situation than that front rectangle.

I can't imagine why you guys haven't opted for the veneer! How many people have industrial Heritage in their living rooms?

The Jubilee bottom looks vastly better with veneer.

In addition to what Dean said ("think math"), when Mike & I ordered ours, I was told during MY conversations (I can't speak for Mike) that black & unfinished were our choices. I do not recall ever being specifically told that we could get a factory finish. Nor (unfortunately), since I was told black/unfinished was my choice, do I specifically recall ASKING if I could get a factory finish.

It's only been since then that I've heard Roy make an off hand comment about it and then asked him further details about that.

I've filed that one (me not asking) in the "oops" file since it's something I might have considered if the price was in my range.

[it was designed to go behind a movie screen, so I'd think that so-called acoustically transparent grille cloth wouldn't hurt a darned thing, and probably improve it.

And also agree on the relatively simple after-purchase veneer possibilities. You couldn't get a much easier situation than that front rectangle.

It was DESIGNED to replace the Klipschorn. It seems that program fizzled a bit after PWK passed away. I think it's a real testament to the capablity of the Jubilee that though DESIGNED FOR HOME USE (bass bin), it's fully capable of working in the cinema environment.

So, regarding what it was DESIGNED for, let's at least get our facts straight? It was destined to become the Klipschorn II but exceeded the performance of the Khorn by such a substantial margin, PWK felt it deserved a name of its own.

I agree that it should be a very simple procedure to apply veneer after the fact. You can also have Klipsch make the factory grills for the side vents ('think $$$") or one could fabricate one themselves or of course, leave them open.

I'm very skeptical that it was meant to replace the Klipschorn. Let's see some evidence of that in PWK's own words. Maybe he said something like that in the original write-up? Anyway, I'm happy that you THINK it exceeds the Khorn by a large margin. There are people who think a Bose Wave Radio is better than a Khorn too.

But the specific "it" I was talking about to Meagain was the 402 horn, which is designed for behind a movie screen placement, and was not a part of the home Jubilee configuration as envisioned by PWK.

As far as not being able to afford veneer, if you can afford a Jubilee, you should be able to afford veneer. Isn't that a bit like buying a Jaguar but not being able to afford leather seats?

I'm very skeptical that it was meant to replace the Klipschorn. Let's see some evidence of that in PWK's own words. Maybe he said something like that in the original write-up? Anyway, I'm happy that you THINK it exceeds the Khorn by a large margin. There are people who think a Bose Wave Radio is better than a Khorn too.

But the specific "it" I was talking about to Meagain was the 402 horn, which is designed for behind a movie screen placement, and was not a part of the home Jubilee configuration as envisioned by PWK. 

As far as not being able to afford veneer, if you can afford a Jubilee, you should be able to afford veneer. Isn't that a bit like buying a Jaguar but not being able to afford leather seats? 

Roy mentioned it at Hope and in a previous Jubilee thread that PWK wanted to replace the Khorn with the Klipschorn Jubilee. The exact story is in one of the many Jubilee threads.

There's an awfully big gap bewteen Roy making an aside and what PWK might have envisaged. I am in no way suggesting PWK was not considering this option. What I would like to hear from Roy is more detail about this interesting concept... and what exactly is a Klipschorn Jubilee? This hypothetical speaker may bear no resemblance whatsoever to the current commercial Jubilee.

I don't think it's accurate to say the Jubilee is better than the Khorn. "Different" than the Khorn

would be a much better way of putting it. Is a La Scala better than a Cornwall? They're so different that a comparison is pretty pointless. Some people will prefer one over the other for particular situations, other people the other one.