Meagain's at it again

Parrot

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's about as plug ugly as the 402, although smaller.  I wonder how Parrot explains that reality?  lol

I like all the horns I have seen on the Jubilee although I would choose the 510 and I don't care what others say as I have heard them sound beautiful.

I see... so a K-69-K driver could be used with that horn? Can you order the Jub bass bins with just the K-69-K drivers? If so, what's the cost there? Is it ok to go with a 400 hz horn if the bass bins can go higher to 500 hz? I would imagine that's fine if you can control that with the network.

Mike

"I see... so a K-69-K driver could be used with that horn?"

I'm not so sure. Physically it would certainly bolt on. But Dean has mentioned it needs very little EQ on the Klipsch horns... meaning it has very extended FR before the mass rolloff starts kicking in. As such putting it on a non-CD horn (IOW horn has built in EQ) you might end up with a peak in the response if the horns EQ isn't a good match for the driver.

Shawn

I'm glad you guys are happy with the Trachorns. We love building them here. All the credit goes to Al, He came up with a workable design that fits into the klipsch products, and brought it to market for you.

Yep, I'm on the jub train. I'm going to have to give up my industrial, black, non grilled, jbl cinima's!

I'm still pondering what horn to use on top of the jub. I'm leaning toward a single larger horn. Similar to Al's Trachorn but larger for a 2" driver. maybe a mouth size around 10 x 22. I can use a BMS 4592 coax if i can get enough hi freq out of the horn. Even if the jub is 104db the top horn will need some 12db attenuation so there is a lot of room for using a bypass cap in the attenuation. Still, that big a horn is more than likely not going to be the best sounding tweeter.

Might be better to use a 4592 midrange only driver and then a small tweeter on the side. I would like to keep it simple with just a single horn. I'm going to have to get a proto made up and see what kind of results happen.

Listen, man, I have to sell a couple houses, buy some more land, build a new house...

so quit your whining and get on with it, man!! [:D] (oops i forgot to insert smiley face)

if I listened to them and had to have them, my wife might shoot me just for mentioning I wanted to drop that much money on more speakers. She has been very tolerant of the money I routinely spend on equipment upgrades, new amps, extra amps, NOS tubes, etc. 8 Grand for a set of speakers with everything else going on... shoot.

Thats why I called 1st dibs on Deans... God knows that man will be wanting something else in a year or two and by then I will have the new house and the family will be settled back down... if Dean won't let his go then, I might just have to plunk down the change and buy 'em new. By then I might actually have sold some of my equipment to make room...

I am still thinking I may stop by later this month... will keep you advised and see if the invite is still open.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Mr. Delgado,

Thanks for the wonderful work and contributions for the jubilee. I was always taken back by the k horns when I was a kid but never managed to get a pair. I think your work on the jubilee is marvelous, and I hope to be working on a clone for my living room with the help of all the other folks who have been researching this design.

Bill Martinelli

mr martinelli,

mr delgado is my dad. i am just roy, or bodcaw boy or boy! or bad cowboy or whatever you want to call me. you sir make some very pretty horns. and i would be honored to have your impressions of the jub. let me know if i can help.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

I'm glad you guys are happy with the Trachorns. We love building them here. All the credit goes to Al, He came up with a workable design that fits into the klipsch products, and brought it to market for you.

Yep, I'm on the jub train. I'm going to have to give up my industrial, black, non grilled, jbl cinima's!

I'm still pondering what horn to use on top of the jub. I'm leaning toward a single larger horn. Similar to Al's Trachorn but larger for a 2" driver. maybe a mouth size around 10 x 22. I can use a BMS 4592 coax if i can get enough hi freq out of the horn. Even if the jub is 104db the top horn will need some 12db attenuation so there is a lot of room for using a bypass cap in the attenuation. Still, that big a horn is more than likely not going to be the best sounding tweeter.

Might be better to use a 4592 midrange only driver and then a small tweeter on the side. I would like to keep it simple with just a single horn. I'm going to have to get a proto made up and see what kind of results happen.

wtih the right driver, you might be surprised to find out when you opened your eyes that no separate tweeter is being used.....

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

mr martinelli,

mr delgado is my dad. i am just roy, or bodcaw boy or boy! or bad cowboy or whatever you want to call me. you sir make some very pretty horns. and i would be honored to have your impressions of the jub. let me know if i can help.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

OK, Roy. I'll send you an email with a link to some plans. I'd like you to let me know what you think.

Thank you, a compliment like that is really something.

bill

hey michael,

are you going to build a pair of lf bins? COOOOOOOL BEANS!!

now whatever will you do for a top horn........hmmmmmmmmm......know anybody with horns.......

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

How about Michael trades you 6 pairs of Cornwalls for a pair of Jubilees?

Parrot

ya cant make a better looking horn than the 402. I'm just in for a smaller one!

20k? I do a sweep like this and my ears are done at 16k and that's pretty faint. after that it's just colored lights on the screen.

bill