Dusty Gear Got You Down... Then Here's A Slick Little Gadget

Gilbert

Well - as I never had much of a macho image to start with - yup I use that too (swiffer?)

Works brilliantly and gets into all the nooks and crannies of your gear. I do actually use it on my TT too - but well away from the cartridge.

I have even tried using it to brush a vinyl record prior to play. In theory it picks up all the dust that is there - but it seems to charge the vinyl a little so you end up attracting more. If you do clean vinyl with it the zerostat gun appears to negate the after effects quite well. I would recommend trying this with a record you are not too fused about to start with.....just in case.

......just picked up the swiffer and am very pleased with it. I am usually the one that does the dusting, vacuuming, and big cleaning around the house and this Swiffer thing is fantastic. We have a lot of wood and raised paneled furniture and doors throughout our house and the swiffer thing gets it all. I used to lightly spray old dish towels and hand rub all the wood just to get the dust. And now the electronics are clean as a whistle with very little effort.

.........now that I have raved so much about this product I should get royalties or something.[:P]

..........thanks!

I just finished dusting and polishing the top of my ST-70i.

Being a cheap charlie, I am of the paint brush persuasion (even though the PAW keeps Swiffer around). It doesn't get caught up in anything and I can get into, under, around and inside just about everything with a medium-sized long bristle brush. For the polishing, I used a paste of Bar Keepers Friend which works nicely and removes to a clean shine with a dry, soft towel.

She's looking like she sounds now...clean and without coloration!

Dave

OK, I bought a Swiffer Duster starter kit today. :) I've learned it's not a good idea to use it with tube amps turned on. :o

Well, that makes 2 of us. [:$]

Ya know, the 3rd. time is going to be a charm, and were gonna hear a horror story about a fire truck and a burnt down house. Then this thread is gonna ge locked.