If you could only keep one....

wstrickland1

Opinions wanted.

We'll be moving soon and the house will have a 12 x 20 x 9'(high) room all for me! And I mean ALL for me....no kids toys, games or computers. No storage of other misc. crap. All mine. The tradeoff? I gotta give up the rest of the house. There will still be a second system for the family room but it's going to be placed for looks regardless of proper placement, which brings me to my question. In my room,electronics will be my B & K Ref 50/200.7 combo. For speakers I have the option of my KLF 30/20/custom 20 center and single KLF C7 rear center set up OR my RF 7/RC 7/RS 7/RB 35 set up. Placement wise each will work fine. The room is a near perfect rectangle, only an angled wall in what will be the rear of the room where the door is but this does not present a problem for 1 or 2 rear speakers. The RS 7s as well as the KLF 20s can go right where they need to go on the side. I know the answer is to try them both but guys, I hardly have the time to even use this stuff much less go through all of those gyrations. My first thought is to go with the Reference system since I have 2 rears and can place the sides in their optimum position but I do love the Legends esp with the home made center. Is the center channel the kicker for going with the Legends? Will the Reference be superior once I finally hook them up to the B & K? I value most of the opinions on this board so any will be appreciated.

Billy

oh and the sub is a RSW 15

The biggest bang for your buck is the new JL Audio Fathom Sub's. I just got one (F113) and it has made the biggest impact on my system to date. This is not a toy like other subs out there...SVS; HSU; hate to say it but Klipsch....this is the new reference. Just my two cents!

If you are anything like me, you are going to have to try them both and decide for yourself based upon how your speakers sound with your movies and your electronics in your room to your ears. Otherwise the wondering, the doubt, the shoulda-coulda-woulda, and all the rest will suck all the fun out of using your system until you finally resolve yourself to accepting the choice you made. Then, after all of that, you will have a choice based upon acceptance rather than love. You've got a good room and some great gear; don't compromise your enjoyment of it by abdicating the responsibility and the fun of setting up YOUR room!

Hey Billy ,

The only way to find out is to try em' both .

If you need some help I'm off on Sundays and Mondays .

I'll even help you set up the other room after you've made your decision .

I have some experience toting large speakers around .

yes you do. I will definitely take you up on it, but I am going with the Reference upstairs for starters, then we can change it around later.

BTW, I was at the Hibernian Hall on Monday(me and my son were extras in Army Wives) and there were paintings on the wall of I guess past Presidents of the Hibernian Society and one of those gentlemen had your last name. By chance do you have any blue blood running through your veins?

Hey Billy ,

The only way to find out is to try em' both .

If you need some help I'm off on Sundays and Mondays .

I'll even help you set up the other room after you've made your decision .

I have some experience toting large speakers around .

yes you do. I will definitely take you up on it, but I am going with the Reference upstairs for starters, then we can change it around later.

BTW, I was at the Hibernian Hall on Monday(me and my son were extras in Army Wives) and there were paintings on the wall of I guess past Presidents of the Hibernian Society and one of those gentlemen had your last name. By chance do you have any blue blood running through your veins?

Well we are going way off topic here but , um , er , I guess you could say that .

My great great grandfather started a candy company here around 1875 . It stayed in biz until the market crashed in what , 1928 . Seems my great grandfather bought a frieght car of sugar ; about 25k , the day before the market crashed . He did not file for bankrupsy , paid all of his loans off , and lost everything .

The point of one of my ancestors being on the Hibernian Hall wall is odd . The Hibernian Society is Irish borne . My family is from Germany ; well it's Germany now but it was the Kingdom of Prussia when my great great grandfather left . Anyway there were a few civic leaders in my family so it's entirely possible that one could have been a past president of the Hibernian . Or , more likely , the fact that the German folk and the Irish folk like a drink on occasion is the reason . "That Mr. Puckhaber sure throws a good party , let's put him on the wall ."

I'll have to ask my father about that .

Back on topic . If you need some help setting things up , I'm there . Currious about the LaScalas . You thinking about setting those up in that room for a 2 channel rig ?

The biggest bang for your buck is the new JL Audio Fathom Sub's. I just got one (F113) and it has made the biggest impact on my system to date. This is not a toy like other subs out there...SVS; HSU; hate to say it but Klipsch....this is the new reference. Just my two cents!

duhhhh, oh, ummm geez lemme guess....you sell them

Ah, the LaScalas. I'm not sure I will have a proper place for them to be honest. they would be great 6th and 7th channels for you. Why don't you take them off my hands?

Thanks for the offer . If I move to a place with a 20 x 30 room I may take you up on it .

ummmh you are so right dingbat! I do have JL Audio Fathom Sub's for sale. one word: AWESOME!

and thanks for asking!

So, why don't you post in the subwoofer forum? Your OP was off topic, as the question was what speakers to keep, not what to buy.

ummmh you are so right dingbat! I do have JL Audio Fathom Sub's for sale. one word: AWESOME!

and thanks for asking!

So, why don't you post in the subwoofer forum? Your OP was off topic, as the question was what speakers to keep, not what to buy.

Thanks, tenzip. I've read this loser bashing other people's amps too, trying to sell his garbage. He's right up there (or should I say down there) with ebay resellers and flea market regs.