What was your first post?

tommyboy

From May 2007... when Trey was steering things up before the upcoming Pilgrimage 2007, or at least the earliest I found. Timing sounds about right.

The topic:

If someone gave you a pr of speakers, what would you want them to be?

The (late night response)

Given these choices, I'd go with the MCM Grand THX, Jub's, Cornwall III

MCM
Grand THX - way too big for my small house, but in the home theater of
my dreams.... and awesome outdoor party speakers with a lot of effort
to move 'em outside

Jub's - also way too big for my small house, but maybe a little easier to move to the patio

Cornwall
III - Might actually fit in my small home - and still awesome patio
speakers relatively easy to move for neighborhood parties

I'd also be happy with Quintet III and Promdia 2.0 if you're giving them away Cool But if I'm dreaming, let's really get the legendary Klipsch sound

Please sign me up if you do have a drawing

Yep. Jumped right in with gusto.

probably too much .. .but mostly quick such as a lot in Right This Minute ... interesting to see what others are listening to and makes the days at work go much better as I get a lot more done when I listen to music while I work.... Helps to block out all the distractions of nearby coworkers in adjoining pens or one in my pen who spend a lot of time in teleconferences and better able to focus on work. Not sure why I got in the habit of posting in Right This Minute while I'm at work other than a quick break. When I really spend too much time is later at night winding down or maybe as stress relief.

Reading the posts though I've gained a lot of knowledge or unburied some things I've not thought about in years what with marriage, work, kids, ... Now if I'd just have useful information to contribute...

Met some really nice, caring, fun loving people through this and the 2 Pilgrimages I've managed to attend. Wish I'd have payed attention when I cruised by the Klipsch site in the previous few years as I only live about an hour north of Inianapolis... so many I could have attended.

So stumbling into here kind of turned on my love of audio and Klipsch as I had buried it somewhat for years... researching hot and cold outdoor faucets of all things ... I'd taken a quick look at the Klipsch site a few times but was usually too busy, well finding myself in the Klipsch forum and then seeing a post on Pilgrimage... woke things up and so like where's those Klipschorns I was supposed to have by now...

And getting to try things like the earphones as prototypes before they were even announced was just too cool.... so the first Klipsch product I've purchased? A set of Custom 2 in ear monitors. Still listening to some simple 8" 2 way with 1" soft dome tweeter speakers I slapped together back in college as our main speakers... that should change soon through a connection I've made here. Now if I'd have just gotten here a few years back when the finances weren't quite so tight....

and sometimes just rambling on like this, destressing a bit .... kind of nice to know there are others who often look to see what kinds of speakers are in use in any type of room / hall that might contain speakers or that like to talk about sound reproduction

I had a set of V2.400 for the past year and a half or so (upgraded with
the CP-2 preamp). Well, about a week ago, my subwoofer really started
to sound distorted and the amp was starting to make some annoying
hissing/squealing sounds. Sounds like I may have popped a capacitor or
something. Is there anyway I could send the unit in for repair. I tried
calling tech-support and they suggested I take it into an electronics
repair shop. The problem is that there are no decent electronic repair
shops that will fix something like this in this area.

Thanks.

Posted back on 10 November of 2001.

The thing is that is as far back as it would go for me. I know I've made some posts even earlier than that, back in April of 2000, when I first joined the forum. I had a control pod go bad on my trusty ol' ProMedia V2.400s at the time and ended up having to get a replacement from Klipsch. The real kicker, is that 8 1/2 years later, I still have those dang ProMedia V2.400s, and they still work perfectly to this day! The final result of this particular situation was that I managed to score a replacment amp on eBay, and simply dropped it in - still works to this day! [Y][8] I also still have the "bad" amp - still wonder if it is repairable, or at least even worth it to try now-a-days.

I just got goosebumps three times, first upon reading OB's funny post about, well, er posts - then my post about wishing him a happy 5,000 posts (which he would later double plus some), and then that Roy's first post was wishing me of all people, a Happy Birthday. [{]awwwwwww[}], see I told you it was a band of brothers here on the Forum!

And to think Dtel has graduated from Synergy to Forte to CWIII and now MWM/KP402 - nice upgrades there mang!

Michael

• Moderators

This whole little exercise should bring up a warning about being careful of what you ultimatly say/post on here. Shows just how easy it is to dig up posts nearly 8 years old on here.

Very true, a while back I was looking for something on google and came up with many post from this forum that had to do with that word in it, including my own I had forgot about.

Thinking about that lets give them one more thing to pop up in their search !...............

So for all the People out there that have never Heard of Klipsch, get off your lazy Butt go hear some, there Making some for You already because they know your going to Want them After Hearing them !