Which Sub, RSW-15 or RW12d

shane_0_mac

Check out JL Audio Fathom F112 or F113. It has been given great press lately as a new reference sub even beating out the Velodyne DD18. I just experienced a demo rather skeptical that a car audio company could compete in this arena, but damn this is a performer. Blows everything else away. It's not cheap but still a bargain at $3,200 MSRP.

Check out JL Audio Fathom F112 or F113. It has been given great press lately as a new reference sub even beating out the Velodyne DD18. I just experienced a demo rather skeptical that a car audio company could compete in this arena, but damn this is a performer. Blows everything else away. It's not cheap but still a bargain at $3,200 MSRP.

So, getech, are you being intentionally annoying, or is it just natural?

$3200 seems like a bit much if you look at what he's likely to spend for the RSW-15 or RW12d. Maybe you should sell your JL Audio subs on the JL Audio forum? Or maybe just read the post and check the budget before blindly trying to sell your product.

I've only seen 3 of your posts, but I know I'll never be buying a JL Audio sub. At least from you, I won't.

I was thinking of selling my RW-12 and getting an RSW-15, I have heard the RSW-15 in the past and it was a monster. But the guy I got my RB-75's from said the Rw-12d blows it away, have any of you compared these 2 subs?

I'm assuming you meant to say the RT12d, and not the RW-12d sub. I'm sure the RT smokes the RW series.

Yes I meant the RT-12d. And $3200.00 for sub is WAY more than I can or would pay for a sub.

I am affraid it might be hard to find a used RSW-15, but last year when I demo'ed one of those I was very impressed. I just can not hear a side by side now as my dealer does not have any RSW subs left

Yes I meant the RT-12d. And $3200.00 for sub is WAY more than I can or would pay for a sub.

I am affraid it might be hard to find a used RSW-15, but last year when I demo'ed one of those I was very impressed. I just can not hear a side by side now as my dealer does not have any RSW subs left

I liked the RSW-15 so much I have two of them. It blows the RSW-12 away. If you keep your eye on Ebay you can pick up one for around $1000.00.

Unless you are well versed in how to properly place and equalize a subwoofer, the 12d may not be the best solution. I am also a little put off by its "corner" placement design. Corner placement can boost dBs but it may be at the cost of a flat frequency response. And with subwoofers putting out incredible power in todays designs, I think that flatter frequency response is more important.

I may be nitpicking but either design will probably make you a very happy man. If you have the space, the RSW15 is a great performer. If space is an issue and corner placement is your only option, then the 12d with EQ should be fine, as well. Someone here can help you calibrate your sub so it is done correctly.

My wish list for Klipsch is an RSW15 design with position feedback\servo control for that bottom 5 or 10dB.

Unless you are well versed in how to properly place and equalize a subwoofer, the 12d may not be the best solution. I am also a little put off by its "corner" placement design. Corner placement can boost dBs but it may be at the cost of a flat frequency response. And with subwoofers putting out incredible power in todays designs, I think that flatter frequency response is more important.

The whole idea of the RT-12d and smaller sibling RT-10d is their ability to have the best of both worlds; corner placement (if you wish) to maximize output and DSP EQ to deal with room modes and response anomolies.

The confusion here is with the model numbers: RT-12d vs. RW-12d. Two very different products with very different prices.

$3200 seems like a bit much if you look at what he's likely to spend for the RSW-15 or RW12d. Maybe you should sell your JL Audio subs on the JL Audio forum? Or maybe just read the post and check the budget before blindly trying to sell your product.

I've only seen 3 of your posts, but I know I'll never be buying a JL Audio sub. At least from you, I won't.

good ole' getech. Do you think he sells very many products on this forum.

good ole' getech. Do you think he sells very many products on this forum.

Why not just ban\block him?