AKFEST07 WEEKEND at PICKY'S: (Attendees & Detroit Area Klipschers)

picky

If you're in the area you should consider this. Picky's HT is an experience you won't soon forget. And who could pass up an opportunity to find out who's Who?

'YOU MIGHT FEEL A CHANGE IN THE AIR PRESSURE"

I will NEVER forget those words! It was like being shot out of a CANNON!

The Picky Small Home Theatre is something to witness!

Michael: And I will NEVER forget the look on your face when I said that to you: You thought I was BSing you until it actually happened! When it did, THAT LOOK on your face was PRICELESS! We sure had a fun time that afternoon putting the HT throught its paces, didn't we? Miss ya, man. -Glenn

gonzp: I'm sorry to hear you won't be out again this year either, Patrick! -Glenn

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glenn,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Is it alright if my younger son joins us? He heard about your awesome HT from his brother (now serving in the Army) and he wants to experience it himself (your HT, not the Army).

Piranha: Man, what a bummer! I was holding out hope that we could get you over here for a demo! Next year, I hope???

Glenn, I sure hope so. That sounds like a lot of fun. I was looking forward to checking out your sauce collection as well. I am real disappointed that I cannot make it. I bet Craig is too since he won't have a drinking buddy, right Craig?[;)]

Piranha: Man, what a bummer! I was holding out hope that we could get you over here for a demo! Next year, I hope???

Glenn, I sure hope so. That sounds like a lot of fun. I was looking forward to checking out your sauce collection as well. I am real disappointed that I cannot make it. I bet Craig is too since he won't have a drinking buddy, right Craig?[;)]

Heck yea I'm now suffering mass depression!! You will be sorely missed.

Dr. Who: Yes, I still have the indy car video. It's called 'Super Speedway' and has Mario and Michael Andretti in it. It was orginally shot for IMAX.

Dizrotus: Of course your son is welcome!

Piranha: I've got about 160 sauces now. I keep 60 of them on display in the back of the theater and between 10 and 20 of them in the fridge for usage. Many of the remainders are either duplicates so I don't run out of the favorites, or they are not worthy of showing. I simply do not have the room to display them all at once.

So will you be able to make Indy and possibly Cheesefest this year? It's a bummer you couldn't make it - it's always fun to meet new forum members and listen to music.

Indy is off my radar. I'd like to go to "Cheesefest 07", but I'll have to see how things pan out. When is it anyway?

Piranha: I've got about 160 sauces now. I keep 60 of them on display in the back of the theater and between 10 and 20 of them in the fridge for usage. Many of the remainders are either duplicates so I don't run out of the favorites, or they are not worthy of showing. I simply do not have the room to display them all at once.

That's too cool Glenn. What are your top five or ten favs? Sorry if you've answered this question before. Do you spice up all your food?

I just added IndyKlipschFan to our guest list. He'll be coming up here Friday, too and staying Friday and Saturday night with us! I also changed the agenda to invite members over Saturday night after the AKFEST closes for the evening at 7 PM.

Piranha: No, I must admit I don't spice my food up every meal. I actually have to be in the mood and it depends on what the food is.

Whenever I eat chili I always put a couple of drops of Dave's Insanity (extreme) in it! Another good one is Endorphin Rush.(extreme). I also had Dave's Insanity Private Reserve (even more-extreme).

On taco's I love to slather on any brand of green jalapeno sauce (mild) and top that off with either Cholula (mild) or Melinda's XXXX Hot Private Reserve (medium-hot).

I have a lot of sauces that I will never open because they are so expensive and almost impossible to eat because they are ridiculously hot! Blair's puts out the hottest sauces in the world that I am aware of. They have one that measures 16 Million Scoville units! The hottest on I have is Blair's 3AM Private Reserve and I think that's 2 or 3 Million Units. By comparison, Dave's Insanity is about 300,000 units and a jalapeno pepper is around 3,000 to 7,000 Units: Baby Food! LOL [;)]

glenn--would you consider moving to southern california? you always seem to be having what sounds like a very enjoyable get-together. please consider either moving out west or taking your show on the road.

i've actually never met another forum member...for all i know i'm corresponding with some computer. so, you're saying that klipsch forum members are real people?

hope you guys have a great weekend.

So you still got that Indycar movie, Glenn? I've seen it at the IMAX and I've been to a ton of races so I'm curious to hear it at your place - I hear it's better than life [:o][Y]

Doc- sit in the left chair so the RSW 15 is right behind you! Get ready to have the wind knocked out of you when Glenn shuts the doors.

Picky- you need 5 point racing harnesses on those BarclayLoungers man!

LOLOLOL! You guys!......[:D]

BigStewMan: I used to live near Reno, Nevada (not far from Kenratboy) so, I know what it's like to live out west. I sure do miss the mountains, Lake Tahoe and trips to the bay area and coast. My problem with California is: I can't see how most normal people afford to live there! LOL I can think of few states other than California that offer such a tremendous variety of terrain and attractions. I'm sorry to say it's simply too crowded and expensive for me. Maybe Klipsch has a 40-ft diesel RV we could borrow to go on tour? We could get Amy to drive and Steven could be navigator? Maybe ask Colter to bring his speakers along and we could hold cookouts with music playing through his Industrial La Scala and we'd bring Roger (IndyKlipschFan) along to manage the Karaoke! Michael could take picture of each event and I would take videos. But, seriously, thanks for the good words, man. You are too kind. If you are ever out in our neck of the woods, please look us up. There are plenty of great people out in your area and No. Cal already like Fini, Piranha, j4knee and Nicholtl to name a few. Maybe you should consider holding an open house of your own and see how many Klipschter's show up?

Michael Colter: That's right Michael: A 5-Point harness may just be a good Idea for those two seats. Gosh, I hope OSHA doesn't hear about this or they'll probably make it a requirement for all 4 seats!

Dr. Who: We're just about all set for your and Roger's arrival. I am repairing the wall where that pipe burst during the winter so the wall will be all sealed up like new. I installed new insulation last night and made the removable panels with a vent at the top to allow warm room are to circulate through to the water pipes during the cold winter months. I hope that never happens again! I guess we'll see you and Roger around noon tomorrow. Verna and will leave the light on for you guys!

I appreciate the hospitality... It still amazes me how good friendships grow off of here to real life ones too.

I am very anxious to see the "Award Winning" HT Glenn and Verna has put together..

The AK fest is a real treat as well. I love the hobby side as well as the real demonstaration of gear I can only dream about to see and hear in person. 20 dollars to hang out all day to actually LEARN somehting rather than read specs and wonder is always a treat. Being around like minded people, too, who are passionate about this hobby as well. BIG FUN!

Anything you want me to bring up Glenn?

Roger: Doc's bringing test gear and some music. If there's any music or videos you want to see, please bring them. You may want to bring a camera? Any special or unusual beer brands you like, feel free to bring that too. Not everyone attending drinks so I will have a variety of beverages for everyone to sample. We'll have plenty of hot sauces to try, but if you have any favorite hot sauces, bring them too! I can forward you our latest movie/concert list if you'd like? Thanks! See you soon! -Glenn

Man, it's 1am and I'll be getting up in 3.5 hours to get a heading out on the road by 5am...I should probably go to sleep [;)]

Looking forward to the trip - cya tomorrow Glenn, and Neil, and Roger!

Doc's more fun after a couple of all-nighters, he get's real punchy!

Roger, take one of those Cirque du Soleil DVD's I bet Glenn would enjoy them and I know Doc is a fan of the music.

I wish I was going up with ya Roger, but I've GOT to get some photo work done on Saturday. Doc, maybe we wire up my new Yamaha RXV2400 and upscaling DVD player on Sunday? I really need to attack the rack and get that Thorens turntable setup.