OMG epay "Three Klipsch Wood Box Floor Speakers Used Good Cond."

Tom Mobley

Bill,I will also be watching this, I do need the three speakers to fill out my current home theater set. I have original Fortes in walnut oil, and could use the three here to make a happy family of five. I just let go of some Anthony Gallo speakers, so I have the cash to chase these. Hope it doesn't go much more than $600. Wish the pictures were clearer than they are, oh well.

Todd (Vandyman)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe,

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at them also. I think the shipping would be too much. I had a sweet deal for 4 Fortes in oak for $600, but the shipping from the west coast was more than the speakers almost. I do need the Acedemy center, I'll see where it ends up at at the closing on Sunday. I know it will run up even further from the $ 230 range as of this evening. I live in the Chicago area, and I would drive to pick up the speakers. Good luck !

Todd (Vandyman)

I sniped for $727 at the end. I don't really need them per se, but they were 1/2 hour from work and 45 min from my house and I figured what the hell?

Glad to see another forum member got them. You're going to have to take another group photo soon.

You don't suppose there'll be a bunch of last second bids?

Mebbe now there will!

People in my other enthusiast forums get a little pi$$y when a sleeper auction is exposed... how are people here?

I think that if I were doing the work of searching for an item an it was announced here then it would pee me off too. If someone is really looking for something why work, just come here and wait.

I saw the auction a few hours after it started. From now on I think I'll e-mail the seller and let him know what he has, just for the sake of the brotherhood.

Keith

>>...item an it was announced here then it would pee me off too

Get over it guys. The auction had the (correctly spelled) word Klipsch in the title. Everybody out there running a Klipsch search would have seen it sooner or later. Now, if the doofus had mis-spelled Klipsch as is common it would have been a real under the radar deal. When I was searching for KHorns I ran searches continually and had separate searchs for Klipsh, Klips, etc. I actually turned up a pair of Corns like that.

You don't suppose there'll be a bunch of last second bids?

Mebbe now there will!

People in my other enthusiast forums get a little pi$$y when a sleeper auction is exposed... how are people here?

I think that if I were doing the work of searching for an item an it was announced here then it would pee me off too. If someone is really looking for something why work, just come here and wait.

I saw the auction a few hours after it started. From now on I think I'll e-mail the seller and let him know what he has, just for the sake of the brotherhood.

Keith

Thanks Tom!

If any of you have any experience with myself and the brotherhood, kindly explain to our friend Keith, will you?

BTW, eBay emails me to notify me of any sales with KLIPSCH in the title. Anyone can use it. And I did not snipe. No one here said that they were 'going for it' or I normally back off. And these are only 4 hours from me. I placed a single bit with 3 hours to go, that's it.

My bid was about $50 above what I got these for. It was a fair price. No one was cheated here. Get over it.

HEY JOE (love that song), Bill H, or Vandeman- Do you want the Forte's? I might sell them off. I really just wanted the Academy to measure against my KLF-C7. As many of you know, I have a set of Forte II's. Although I love them, there really isnt' room for a second pair.

(how's that for brotherhood?)

MIchael

Bill H (my brother!) - You have email. Hope we can work this out.

FYI, Bill and I have done business before. He's a loyal Forum member and regular poster. Actually emailed me to congratulate me on winning this bid. I'm glad he contacted me about wanting the Forte II's only. That will work out splendidly as I really only wanted the Academy.

Sometimes this stuff just works out so well between Forum members.

Let me know if you still want them Bill. You have right of first refusal.

Yer pal,

Michael

I needed an Academy for a project, I have my Forte's. I put in my bid and took my chances. If you look at the bidding there were two others in the fray as well. The computer did the rest. I was left with high bid at the end.

Whatever you guys want to believe is your business. Others here know me as one who deals fairly and is a good guy.

I'm surprised at some of these comments.

M